IMPORTANT DATES AND REMINDERS
- Monday, March 1 through Friday, March 5 - ESCONDIDO BOOK FAIR - AT LINDEN TREE! Celebrate Read Across America Day by supporting Escondido and buying books! In Store Shopping Available as well as Online shopping: Visit https://www.lindentreebooks.com/ At checkout, enter into the "Discount Code/School Name" box: Escondido
- Full Details on Konstella HERE
- Wednesday, March 3 - COHORT A day
- YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST RESULTS - Congratulations!
- #1 (Cover): Garrett Haase
#2 (Back Cover): Maya Moura and Lucia Davis
#3 (Inside front cover): Martha van Roessel
#4 (inside back cover): Josiah Calvillo (Kinder!!)
- THE TALENT SHOW IS COMING THIS MONTH!!!! For the LOVE of the SHOW!!! Check-out our new website and learn how this year's show will be all online and super special!
- Website: https://sites.google.com/view/2021-escondido-talent-show/home
- Register: https://forms.gle/cHEvuRBdB2X7RsJd8 year's Talent Show will be unlike any before! Everything you need to know to be in the Show can be found on the Website.
- Important Dates (all meetings and workshops on zoom):
- ATTENTION 5th GRADE PARENTS - WE NEED YOU to represent and add Escondido culture to Greene programs. Please consider joining the Greene PTA Board. CLICK HERE if interested!
- ATTENTION ALL ESCONDIDO FAMILIES - Get Involved with the PTA!
- We need a few new people to join the Board next year - VOLUNTEER HERE
- HYBRID FAMILIES: Please help us keep our students and staff safe from exposure to COVID-19. Our safety depends on parents to notify and be honest about their activities and exposure. PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR TEACHER AND THE OFFICE IF:
- Your child travels more than 150 miles from home;
- Any of the programs your child participates in has had a COVID exposure so your child is a close contact;
- Anyone in your family has been diagnosed or received a positive COVID-19 test;
- Any other situation in which your child or your family has had a confirmed case or exposure to COVID-19.
- SCIENCE FAIR IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER - Help plan this year’s events! VOLUNTEER HERE
- RECESS & LUNCH SUPERVISION STILL NEEDED!!!! - We REALLY need ENERGETIC volunteers for lunch and recess. Email John Di Cosmo if you plan to attend the zoom at email@example.com and use the google doc to sign up Once approved - hopefully you will be willing to sign up to help with the Sprouts Garden or run the art table during recess.
- SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOLS
- 2019-2020 Semester School Progress Report is now available on Palo Alto’s Safe Routes to School Website.
- Bicycle Safety: Bike thefts are up 64% in Palo Alto. Keep your bike safe byreviewing the following tips.Please report bikes stolen on school campuses to the school administration. A police report can also be filed by calling the Palo Alto Police Department 24-hour Dispatch Center at 650-329-2413 or by using the online reporting system. If your child’s bike is registered with Bike Index, you should log in and mark the bike as lost or stolen.
A parenting support series offered by Palo Alto Unified School District Wellness & Support Services and AACI
Beginning March 2
Register Here. Parenting can be very challenging during the Pandemic for a lot of parents. Please join us for a free, 1.5-hour webinar every week starting from 3/2/2020 for ten weeks. You do not have to attend every single session but pick the topics that you are interested in. The workshop series will cover a wide range of parenting topics, addressing important questions such as internet overuse, build connect with teens, Teen’s mental health, cross-cultural conflicts, de-escalate children’s emotions. By the end of the series, you will be equipped with better understanding, presence, calmness, and the skills needed to be able to communicate with your children. Hope to see you in one of the sessions!
PTA/PTA Council News
**NEW**PTA Council Seeks Volunteers
The PTA Council Nominating Committee is currently seeking expressions of interest from individuals in the community who would like to learn more about becoming a member of the PTA Council Executive Board for the 2021-22 school year. We are looking for community members who have a passion for improving the educational experience of all students and preferably have experience on their school PTA or site council. Talk to us about stepping into a leadership role or how you can participate on a committee. Contact the Nominating Committee at : firstname.lastname@example.org
**UPDATED** PTA Parent Series: Parenting in a Pandemic
Free online webinars for parenting in a pandemic, organized by 6th District PTA. Please CLICK HERE to register for any of the talks below. See all the workshops from now until March for the 6th District Parenting in a Pandemic. Next Upcoming workshops are:
- Supporting Children in our Changing World - Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 7pm
Tackling Technology - Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 6pm
Well-Balanced Student - Thursday, March 18, 2021, 7pm
Health and Wellness
California State PTA COVID-19 Resources: https://www.pta.org/home/family-resources/coronavirus-information
Free COVID-19 Testing in Palo Alto: https://www.cityofpaloalto.org/services/public_safety/plans_and_information/coronavirus/testing.asp
Family Resources here: Health Wellness Resources
**NEW**Green Tip! Consult the Powers That Be
Did you know that Palo Alto Utilities has "Sustainability for Kids" newsletters? They were published last summer on topics such as Water Conservation, Electrification and Natural Gas. Check out the Home Efficiency Genie while you're there! https://www.cityofpaloalto.org/gov/depts/utl/services/utilities_newsletters.asp
**NEW**Let’s Talk: Youth Mental Health in Palo Alto
Friday, March 5,6:30-8:30pm on Zoom
Advocacy Through Art, a local nonprofit founded by Palo Alto teens, presents Let’s Talk: Youth Mental Health in Palo Alto in partnership with Project Safety Net and Palo Alto Youth Council. Let’s Talk: Youth Mental Health in Palo Alto is a completely free event open to all parents, students, and community members. The event will feature a student panel and a roundtable discussion with professionals in the mental health field. Please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lets-talk-youth-mental-health-in-palo-alto-tickets-138169892869 for more information and to RSVP.
Acterra's “Promise to Our Planet” Online Climate Action Benefit
Saturday, March 26, 5-8pm
This event will bring awareness to the urgent need for climate action and shine a light on how our very own Bay Area community is shaping and leading the fight. Please join us on Hopin (an online platform) for an evening that combines the presentation of this year's Spare the Air Leadership Award (sponsored by the Bay Area Air District) with a not-to-be-missed show of inspiring guest speakers, breakout sessions, music, and much more. To register, visit our event page at https://www.acterra.org/promise.
School Holiday and Summer Camp Registration + Virtual Fair
ActivityHero has local, in-person camp schedules -- small groups and socially distanced -- for President's Day, Spring Break and Summer. You can also find online classes. Attend the Virtual Camp Fair on March 20 and get a chance to win a free week of camp. The PTA earns a percentage of your purchase when you book online with this link.
How To Make An Urban Bird Feeder hosted by Gamble Garden
Saturday, March 6, 10-11am via Zoom
Birds need to eat 365 days a year! Birdseed ornaments are a fun project to make year-round. They are perfect for a backyard bird feeder, as ornaments or gifts for teachers. They are made with ordinary cookie cutters, so you can easily customize your ornaments to suit the occasion. In this live, one-hour Zoom class, you will make your own bird feeder ornaments using unique seeds like black sunflower seeds, nyjer seeds, cracked corn, millet and mealworms. You will also learn about local bird species. Most supplies included and can be picked up at Gamble Garden. Fun for the entire family! Great class for Girl Scout Troops! Email email@example.com for group discount. Register Now: HOW TO MAKE AN URBAN BIRD FEEDER - ONLINE - Gamble Garden
Paly Robotics Summer Camp 2021
July 26 - July 30 and August 2 - August 6, 10am-3pm on Zoom
Paly Robotics Summer Camp is returning for 2021! Registration opens on January 30th at 12pm. Our camp is for middle school students (incoming 6th - 9th graders). We are committed to providing an engaging experience and hope to start future high school students on a path in STEAM. Campers will be able to sign up for one of four sessions each week: Robot Design & Hardware, Programming, Entrepreneurship & Website Design, Animation & Graphic Design. For more information, and to register, please visitpalyrobotics.com/summercamp/. If you have any further questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Action Team After School Program
Tuesday, February 23 - May 18, 4pm-5pm, Online
Action Team is an after-school leadership program for middle school students hosted by YCS. It combines service-learning and leadership training through participation in meaningful projects and activities. Students learn about topics such as environmental stewardship, civic engagement, health, hunger, and homelessness. Action Team includes speakers, service trips (when in person), leadership training, and team-building activities. All middle school students are welcome! Every semester is different, and students are encouraged to participate multiple times. For the 2021 Spring Term Action Team will meet on Tuesdays from 4:00-5:00pm online through Zoom running from February 23rd to May 18th. Contact: email@example.com. Registration Form: https://forms.gle/Kd7aHwQkPohVhXat6. Please note that there is a $120 fee and scholarships are available upon request.