VIRTUAL RECESS with Run For Fun
ENROLLMENT SURVEY DUE
Please complete the Enrollment 2020-21 Survey: https://forms.gle/
The responses from the survey help teachers create balanced classrooms and the information is used by the administration to determine staffing, the number of teachers, and aides. If you have already completed it, thank you. If you have not, then please do it now.
May 8 at 8 am on Zoom
Principal Coffee Sign Up & Questions - Special Guest Dr. Austin, Superintendent. / Registro y Preguntas para el café con la directora. - Invitado Especial Superintendente Dr. Austin
Teacher and Staff Appreciation Week is May 4-8. Traditionally the PTA hosts a week of classroom and school-wide events; however, this year it will obviously be different, nevertheless, we can all make it special together! The PTA will create an Apple video collage of all the photos received from students saying thank you and will send it to the teachers and staff via an Unlisted link on YouTube.* The photos may be used in the Yearbook. Each Room Parent will send the teacher and aide a digital gift card on behalf of the entire class, using funds collected by Room Parent earlier in the year. Questions contact your Room Parent or the Teacher Appreciation Week Team.
ESCONDIDO SWAG SALE
- Order now and pay online!!! A group order is open now until May 10th!
- All of the orders will be sent directly to your home from Custom Ink.
¡ROPA de Escondido a la venta!
- ¡¡¡Hagan su pedido ahora y paguen online!!! El plazo para pedidos en grupo permanecerá abierto hasta el 10 de Mayo.
- Todos los pedidos se enviarán directamente a sus casas.
- Para pedidos de Ropa de Escondido para Adultos, hagan click aquí: Ropa de Escondido para Adultos
- Para pedidos de Ropa Roja de Escondido para Niños, hagan click aquí: Camisetas y Suéteres Rojos para Niños
Meeting ID: 850 3182 1791
Safe Routes to School Supports Earth Day Striders and Riders
- Palo Alto Safe Routes to School is offering new virtual and online bike and pedestrian safety educational resources and activities, including free 1:1 virtual consultations to families. If you have ever wondered, where are bicyclists supposed to ride on the road, what are some tips for physically distancing while walking or biking during Shelter in Place, or what kind of bike or accessories can improve your walking/biking experience, set up an appointment here.
- The City of Palo Alto encourages those families who have increased their walk and bike trips to continue doing so by taking the Safe Routes to School Roll Model Pledge. This pledge includes two simple goals: making greener choices in school transportation and sharing the road safely with others by following the Safe Routes to School tips.
- New to riding or getting out on a bike more often? Check out Palo Alto's Safe Routes to School Educational Resources.
Welcome! Here you will find a collection of supports and services for a variety of needs including food, financial support, and legal aid by county of residence.
This page is updated regularly, so if something is not completed and you have questions, please reach out through the contact page. In addition, some information may have changed due to COVID-19, so we appreciate your patience.
Aquí encontrará una colección de apoyos y servicios para una variedad de necesidades, como alimentos, apoyo financiero, y asistencia legal por condado.
Esta página se actualiza regularmente. Si falta información y tiene preguntas, comuníquese a través de la página de contacto. Alguna información puede haber cambiado debido al COVID-19 (Coronavirus) y apreciamos su paciencia.
Si desea sugerir un recurso: HAGA CLIC AQUI!
Si tiene preguntas, comentarios o solicitudes generales: HAGA CLIC AQUI!
Si necesita ayuda con el lenguaje o el transporte, hable con:
Christian Muñoz – email@example.com – 650-272-041
PTA/PTA Council News
**NEW** PTA Council UPCOMING ZOOM MEETINGS
ELECTIONS - SPECIAL GENERAL ASSOCIATION MEETING May 20 11AM
Due to the County’s Shelter-in-Place order in effect, our Annual Election at this Special General Association Meeting, will proceed on MAY 20th. Notice is hereby given that it will be a virtual meeting by Zoom. The Zoom dial in info will be sent to all PTA member schools Presidents and EVPs and PTAC Executive Board/Committee Chairs. See slate here. If you wish to attend, please send an email to President@paloaltopta.org to receive the Zoom login.
VIRTUAL GENERAL ASSOCIATION FINAL MEETING May 27 11AM
Due to the County’s Shelter-in-Place order in effect, our final General Association Meeting, previously scheduled, will remain on calendar. We will proceed on the same date: Wednesday, May 27th, except it will be a virtual meeting by Zoom. The Zoom dial in info will be sent to all PTA member schools Presidents and EVPs. If you wish to attend, please send an email to President@paloaltopta.org to receive the Zoom login.
FOR Families in our District: There is a new Family Outreach Number to Call for Assistance
English Family Outreach Toll Free Number
1833-3HELPPA or 1833-343-5772: The Palo Alto PTA and a group of community leaders have released a toll free Family Outreach phone line so families attending Palo Alto Schools can get information about where to get food assistance, school lunch, financial help, and school information. Parents can also leave a message with their contact information and specify their needs so volunteers can help connect them to local resources. 1833-3HELPPA or 1833-343-7772
Spanish Línea Directa y Gratis para Familias
1833-3HELPPA or 1833-343-5772: El PTA de Palo Alto y un grupo de líderes comunitarios han lanzado una línea telefónica gratuita para que las familias que asisten a las escuelas de Palo Alto puedan obtener información sobre dónde obtener asistencia alimentaria, almuerzo escolar, ayuda financiera e información escolar. Los padres también pueden dejar un mensaje con su información y especificar sus necesidades para que voluntarios puedan ayudarlos a conectarse con recursos locales.1833-3HELPPA or 1833-343-5772
Helpful Resources for Well-Being During SIP
Suggested links for mental and physical wellbeing during times of Sheltering In Place:
- Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-being During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Child Trends
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource, National Association of School Psychologists
- Promoting Positive Mental Health for Teens Feeling Isolated, Erika’s Lighthouse
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Manage Anxiety & Stress, CDC
- Helping Children Cope with Emergencies, CDC
- 5 Ways to View Coverage of the Coronavirus, The American Psychological Association
Backstage with the Superintendent
Watch the first Backstage with the Superintendent Webinar https://www.pausd.org/explore-pausd/news/watch-first-backstage-superintendent-webinar
PAUSD Zoom Guidelines: STUDENT PAUSD Zoom Guidelines & Norms 03/25/20
**NEW**Service While Sheltering: A Resource for Families
Youth Community Service (YCS) has a list of ways to do service while sheltering at home! These service activities can engage the whole family in projects for your community! Some ideas include: Make a t-shirt reusable bag, thank you cards for essential employees, or make someone a friendship bracelet. Click here for manymore ideas! If you do something on this list, we’d love to hear from you! Email: Ashley@youthcommunityservice.org
Special Needs Families Support Group- FREE
Tues May5, May 12 1-2pm - Online workshop
Parents of children and teens who have special needs are currently immersed in crisis-schooling at home, facing daunting challenges different from parents with neuro-typical kids. This 4-session Special Needs Support Group provides an opportunity to connect, share experiences and challenges, swap ideas, and receive expert guidance and support for navigating these challenging times. Cost is FREE. Donations are appreciated but not required.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/free-online-workshopspecial-needs-families-support-group-all-ages-registration-102455416910 Any Questions? Email Tiffany at firstname.lastname@example.org