Dear Escondido Families:
Yesterday was our second PTA meeting of the school-year and we had a great turn out! For those that were unable to attend...don't worry, we will post a summary of the minutes online.
All families are welcome to attend our general assembly PTA meetings, the next PTA meeting will be Monday, October 15 at 7 pm in the Library. We alternate the start time of our meetings from morning to evening monthly. Teachers appreciate the morning times, because they can attend a portion of it, prior to the start of their class time.
At every meeting we will highlight volunteers contributing to Escondido in extra special ways, during the Welcome & Kudos portion of the meeting. New this year, each month, the “Kudos” volunteers will be entered into a drawing, Sanne Lim was selected as the Volunteer of the Month, receiving a gift card, CONGRATS Sanne!
"Kudos" (special shout-outs) for September:
- Sanne Lim - Kinder Welcome Committee Leader and first year on Ice Cream Challenge Team (BTS)
- Room Parents - stepping up to serve classroom families and teachers and by attending the Orientation meeting at SCRA 8/28
- Julia Murphy-Chutorian & Debbie Kalember - Organizing Room Parent Orientation/Social, Organizing PTA Closet, taking on additional tasks to help Room Parents & Board
- Veronica Lopez Pulido- Ice Cream Challenge “scoop hanger” & pink-flyer preparation
- Claribel Wang - Comfort kits lead, above and beyond to see kits completed
- Truc DeLorenzo - “Extreme” Data Entry for Ice Cream Challenge
- Trina Whiteley - Organizing the Staff & Teacher Luncheon, Ice Cream Social and First Coffee, BTS Dinner for Teachers
- Picture Day: Letty Cardenas, Mary Walsh, Natalie Watkins, Mary-Catherine O'Sullivan/Falvey Melina Coelay, Leah Brunette
- Chris Philpot - Ice Cream Challenge representative by attending Tacolicious Orientation and PTAC meeting
- Viviana Peskin - On-call translation services
- Amy McCarter - Room rentals reservations for all events, Bike Rodeo Lead
- Rachel Borovina Teetzel - Bike Rodeo Lead
- Jill Paldi - Noon Art
- Escondido Spirit Wear - Leslie Magtanong, Adriana Villamizar, Mary Catherine O'Sullivan, Cynthia Cataldo, Christine Clark
- Gaby Rueda - Data Entry of Volunteer Interest Forms
- Carmina Littlefield - Konstella
- Thank you to alumni serving as Tour Guides and volunteering to stuff BTS packets on 8/10.
The next PTA Board meeting will be held in the evening on Monday, October 15 at 7 pm in the Library. We hope to see you there! Come learn what's happening at school.
- Monday, September 24th - Family Math Night 5:30 - 7:30 pm. Come enjoy pizza, veggies, & treats (while supplies last) while playing fun math games with your family. Volunteer here.
- Thursday, September 27 - Yearbook Informational Meeting, 8:30 am, in MPR. RSVP here
- Monday, October 1 - Walk & Roll Breakfast, 7:45 - 8:15 am, volunteers contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 1- 4 - Walk & Roll Week, volunteers contact email@example.com
- Friday, October 5 - No School
- Friday, October 6 - Garage Sale for SI 5th Grade, 9 - 2 am
- Friday, October 12 ---
- Principal’s Coffee 8 - 8:30 am
- Parade of Nations 8:30 - 10 am. This is a great Escondido Tradition! Students may come dressed in attire from the country they identify with and want represent during the parade. We have moved the time up this year so that parents can stay & watch.
- International Fun Fair at 5 - 7 pm. Free event with country booths, entertainment, games & fun for everyone! (Food trucks will be on-site, as an meal option for a fee.)
- Monday, October 15 - PTA Meeting at 7pm in the Library
Look in RED FOLDERS & eNews about the PTA's new partnerships with Good Eggs, Tacolicious, and AmazonSmile---special events and opportunities are coming soon!
We are ALWAYS in need of volunteers for our projects and events, please email EscondidoPTApresident@gmail.com if you are interested in helping with an project or an event.
Escondido PTA Executive Board