Hello Fairmeadow Families,
Hope you all had a great Spring Break with your family and friends!
Can you believe we have just under 8 weeks left in this school year?!! Let’s make these last few weeks memorable for ourselves and our kids, to finish out was has been a year of different challenges, as we learn to live with this ongoing pandemic!
Here are some notices for you to add to your calendars or click on for more details! We have new volunteer requests also, if you could please help out.
Don't forget to scroll to the bottom to check out more upcoming events!
🌈Chalk the Walk :
If you would like to get creative and make our Walk and Roll day more colorful and fun, we will be chalking the walk around Fairmeadow on Wednesday April 13th
starting at 5:00pm. Parents and students welcome! Please contact Rachel Panizzo
for more details.
🚶🏽♂️🚴♀️Get Ready to Walk ‘N’ Roll!
Fairmeadow supports the many benefits of green transportation. Join the more than 6000 students throughout the school district who walk, scooter, bike, ride the bus, and carpool instead of solo driving to school to celebrate Walk ‘N’ Roll Week. Put air in those tires, lace up those sneakers, and show your Firebird pride on Thursday April 14th by walking, biking, scootering, and skateboarding to school!
Please also use this week to familiarize yourself with these Walk ‘N’ Roll and road safety materials.
Send pictures of your children walking and rolling and why it's important to them in their own words to email@example.com
and they could be featured in the next e-news!
💯MATH NIGHT @ FAIRMEADOW:
- Be sure to join in the fun of our upcoming in person Math Night on Wednesday April 20th! K-2nd Grade 6-7pm and 3-5th Grade 7-8pm - mark your calendars now!
- Sponsored by Mathnasium, they will provide all the fun games and puzzles for kids of all ages, plus lots of rewards and giveaways for participating also!
- Our thanks to Fairmeadow parent Estelle Z for coordinating this FREE, fun and engaging event for our school.
- The whole family can attend - we ask that you rsvp so we can get an idea of numbers, but it is not mandatory. See more details on the attached flyer below!
- If you or your 7th Grade or older student would like to volunteer to help, please reach out to Estelle. (3 community service hours available for high schoolers).
✅EARTH DAY CHALLENGE :
As part of our Earth Day celebrations Fairmeadow is taking part in the Flip The Switch Challenge💡
- During this two week challenge kiddos will learn about where electricity comes from, why we need to conserve it and learn to take small eco actions that can, collectively, make a big difference! Not just on the planet but also our home utilities bill! :)
- Students received their challenge instructions at a special assembly presentation hosted by our own Fairmeadow Eco Warrior Parent Anu R. and Gunn High School Student Katie R on Friday 4/1. They received weekly activity trackers to mark how many times they turn off an unnecessary light each day, for two weeks! At the end of each week, students should tally and return their weekly tracker sheets to the school main office on April 11 and 18, respectively.
- Even if the students only do one week, it will still be a good learning experience and help towards the overall collective number asked of this challenge.
- If our students collectively reach 2,500 flips or more, we’ll have a surprise celebration on Earth Day, April 22nd to celebrate our amazing Fairmeadow eco heroes!