Anyone else wanting to hit a pause button? Where are the days going?!!
Here are some reminders and notices for you for this week.
💯MATH NIGHT @ FAIRMEADOW: DON'T MISS THIS FUN EVENT TOMORROW!!
- Be sure to join in the fun of our Math Night on Wednesday April 20th, 6-8PM in the MP room.
- Sponsored by Mathnasium, they will provide all the fun games and puzzles for kids of all grade levels, plus lots of rewards and giveaways for participating also!
- Our thanks to Fairmeadow parent Estelle Z for coordinating this FREE, fun and engaging event for our school.
- If you or your 7th Grade or older student would like to volunteer to help, please reach out to Estelle. (3 community service hours available for high schoolers).
🌈Chalk the Walk & Walk ‘N’ Roll!
Well done to all that were able to bike or walk that little bit extra on a wet Thursday morning for our Walk ‘N’ Roll day, hopefully it inspired people to try to do it more on some of our beautiful sunny days too :) Huge thanks to all the parents and students that helped Chalk the Walk the evening before!
A Special shout out to the following Firebirds : David - Rm 7; Daniel - Rm 12; Beatrice - Rm 16; Miles - Rm 3 and to two Fairmeadow alumni Lia & Jack.
Be sure to check out these creative artists handiwork HERE!
Our thanks to our fabulous SRTS rep Rachel Panizzo
for coordinating both events.
🌎♻️EARTH WEEK :
What’s happening for Earth Week at Fairmeadow? Glad you asked!
- Flip The Switch Challenge - We are at 1320 flips! We're excited to see students dropping off their weekly Flip the Switch tracker sheets!
- The Challenge has been extended till April 22, EARTH DAY.
- Attached HERE is the tracker for WEEK 3. Download and print it and let's meet our goal of 2500 flips!
- There is still time to make a difference, every “Flip of the Switch" counts! Kids who participate will be treated to an Earth Day party on Friday. Physical copies will be available at school, as well.
- All our students received a copy of the Kat kid Adventure Post on Friday.
- Packed with news and inspiring stories from around the world, it's a fun way to have some meaningful eco-conversations with our kiddos -- don’t forget to enjoy the games and puzzles with your kids.
- Also check out page 6 for local Gunn HS student Katie R, who presented the Flip the Switch Challenge at our Fairmeadow assembly.
- Monday at our Noon Tables we hosted a special Earth Week craft. Check out the notice board by the front office for just some of the thoughtful messages and creations from our K-5 students.
- Our immense thanks to our own Green warrior Parent Anu R for coordinating all of the above and for being such a great advocate for our planet!
- ** FAIRMEADOWS YOUNG ECO WARRIORS! Our thanks to all of our Green Team and Educators at Fairmeadow for their advocacy efforts. A conversation in Mr.Gutierrez’s class, sparked the interest of a group of young 3rd grade students and provided them with a call to action at Fairmeadow. Please read this fabulous presentation “Fairmeadow Litter Control” created by Sasha, that highlights what actions both she and her friends Alice, Jasmine, Audrey, Yiwen, Izel, Eitan and Ameya are doing to make a difference.
Our FUNdraising parties so far have been great, we have just a few more parties to choose from so be quick!! Our thanks to the parent and teacher hosts for creating such memorable events for our students while supporting our school!
• Click HERE for our upcoming parties now!!
• Reserved Parking Spot!
Would you like to take the stress out of parking for drop off and pickup especially in the colder months? Be sure to throw your name into the hat for a chance to win next school year’s parking spot from August - December 2022 HERE
. Winner will be announced at our General PTA meeting on April 27th. Good luck!! !
❣️SPECIAL PIN FUNDRAISER :
By now I’m sure lots of you have received your special PINS from Afshan’s pop up last Wednesday and also at our Parents coffee. These are beautifully crafted and high quality items!
- Keep as a memento of your time at Fairmeadow or you could give it as a gift to an older sibling, a friend, an alumni, a teacher or staff member.
- CLICK HERE NOW TO ORDER!! This will take you directly to our Fairmeadow parent Afshan’s Etsy shop.
- The price per pin is $10 and 50% of the profit from each firebird pin sold will go to the PTA fund.
- The pin is 1” in size, gold plated and can be pinned on bags, jackets, backpacks and