Good Morning Fairmeadow,
Is anyone else looking forward to having just one boring non-crazy week in 2020?!
Just a few items to mark in your calendars :
1. A reminder for our Principals Coffee tomorrow Friday Nov 6th 12:15-12:45PM. Here’s the Zoom link: https://pausd.zoom.us/j/92856231579
2. We will reschedule our PTA Parents Coffee from tomorrow Nov 6th and host instead next week on Friday Nov 13th - we will send a reminder with zoom link next week. If you would like to speak to PTA in the mean time, please email us and we would be happy to set up a time to chat.
3. Have you checked out our Fairmeadow Facebook page? This week our community has been celebrating and learning about our Hispanic families traditions for Día de los Muertas. Learn more from our talented and creative families about this beautiful tradition here.
4. Please join Melissa Hinkle and Claudia Quiroga Cortez for our first ELAC(English learner families) meeting on Nov 16th @ 9am. ZOOM meeting https://pausd.zoom.us/j/9911909054
5. This week we have been reassigning all K-3rd students on Konstella, to their new classrooms on your(the parents) behalf. Our intention is that by Nov 13th we will have all students including 4th & 5th reassigned, we also hope we will have room parents assigned to each classroom irrespective of model. Hopefully going forward we can concentrate on just assisting the teachers with classroom activities and building connections between the students. If you are interested in being a room parent please email here.
6. This year as you now know we were unable to host our annual big fundraiser. But we are reviving one part of the tradition, Firebird Fun Parties are Fairmeadow's largest fundraising and community building events. Parties are traditionally hosted by parents, teachers, and staff, and families purchase tickets to attend. In the past, these parties have been launched at our Walkathon, but this year looks a bit different! This year's parties will be held virtually throughout the year, in Zoom Rooms provided by the PTA. Party hosts will sponsor the cost of the parties, and all ticket proceeds go directly to Fairmeadow.
Do you have a special skill? Love to cook, craft, or create? Want to share your favorite movie or have a dance party with your classroom? Become a co-host! Parties are more fun when shared, so grab a friend to co-host a virtual Firebird Fun Party! Check out all of our event ideas, and find a co-host here.