Dear Fairmeadow Families,
This election season, Bond Measure Z will be on the ballot. A YES vote on this upcoming bond measure is very important to PAUSD. There is $460M of funding for our schools at stake.
Measure Z funds will continue PAUSD facility improvements by enhancing school security and upgrading classrooms and labs to meet 21st-century instructional standards. If approved by 55% of voters, this measure would provide locally-controlled funding for school improvements, including:
- Ensuring school facilities are accessible for students with disabilities and equitable for all
- Upgrading schools to current seismic safety standards to keep students safe in the event of an earthquake
- Completing needed repairs at school facilities
- Increasing school safety and security, such as fire alarms, door locks and emergency communication systems to bring security systems up to current standards
- Providing classrooms and labs to support up-to-date science, technology, engineering and robotics instruction
- Providing up-to-date facilities to maintain outstanding performing and visual arts programs
To ensure that this measure passes, we need help from our school community:
- Sign up to PHONE BANK October 8th from 6-8:30pm at Coldwell Banker 630 Ramona St. YOU MAY PHONE BANK even if you are not a registered voter in Palo Alto - STAFF and TEACHERS can phone bank too! Sign up here
- Get a lawn sign! Visit https://yes-on-z.org/measure-z-palo-alto-get-involved/
- Participate in a Precinct walk or phone bank on a different day! Visit https://yes-on-z.org/measure-z-palo-alto-get-involved/
- MAIL IN YOUR YES VOTE as soon as your mail-in ballot arrives. All registered voters will receive a ballot the week of October 8 and ballots must be postmarked by Election Day, Nov 6, to be counted.