As we mentioned in a message last week, each PAUSD school has been asked to help with one night of phone banking for the YES-on-Measure-Z Campaign. Our phone bank night is tomorrow (Monday). So far we only have two volunteers signed up.
Volunteers will be calling a list of voters to see if the voter supports Measure Z, and answering any simple questions from a prepared FAQ. The volunteers are not responsible for turning any "no" voters to yes - just thank them, log their position and move on. Volunteers arrive at 6, get training material and talk through the material with a member of the campaign team.
Phone outreach starts at 6:30 and goes for 2 hours. Dinner will be provided to volunteers. You do not need to be a registered voter to help with this. Staff and teachers can phone bank too! Here are the details:
PHONE BANK is October 8th from 6-8:30pm at Coldwell Banker, 630 Ramona St. Sign up here
Questions about tomorrow evening’s phone bank? Contact Claire Kirner (email@example.com)
Here is more background info on Measure Z:
This election season, Bond Measure Z will be on the ballot. A YES vote on this upcoming bond measure is very important to PAUSD. There is $460M of funding for our schools at stake.
Measure Z funds will continue PAUSD facility improvements by enhancing school security and upgrading classrooms and labs to meet 21st-century instructional standards. If approved by 55% of voters, this measure would provide locally-controlled funding for school improvements, including:
- Ensuring school facilities are accessible for students with disabilities and equitable for all
- Upgrading schools to current seismic safety standards to keep students safe in the event of an earthquake
- Completing needed repairs at school facilities
- Increasing school safety and security, such as fire alarms, door locks and emergency communication systems to bring security systems up to current standards
- Providing classrooms and labs to support up-to-date science, technology, engineering and robotics instruction
- Providing up-to-date facilities to maintain outstanding performing and visual arts programs