Hi Farrand Families,
The 2020 Book Fair is here. Book Fair week has always been an exciting week at Farrand and one of the events that the kids look forward to. While it is going to look a bit different this year...the most important things will remain the same: this year’s Fair will still offer the latest and greatest books to our students and profits will supply the Farrand Library with exciting new books for all students to enjoy. As always, purchasing a book at the Book Fair is completely optional but if you would like to participate, here is what you need to know.
- Our Book Fair this year is a district-wide, Virtual Book Fair and will support all PCCS school libraries.
- The Virtual Book Fair will run from November 16 - November 29, 2020.
- Visit our Fair at this link: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/plymouth-cantoncommschdist (it will be live on November 16, 2020).
- The week before the Fair, I always do a Book Fair preview with students in the library to get them excited about the Fair and to introduce them to lots of books that will be at the Fair. Students can still participate in this fun Book Fair preview this year by going to this week’s lesson (Nov 16) on my Media Canvas page. As always, I want book suggestions to purchase with our earnings so encourage your student to email me: email@example.com
- In this Book Fair preview Canvas lesson, students will find a video that explains how to browse the Fair, but here it is if you’d like a sneak peek! https://pccsk12.instructuremedia.com/embed/b3169246-880d-4872-8f60-fe05e79da410
- If you purchase $25 worth of BOOKS (not novelties), shipping is free.
- Gift cards are always a great way to give the gift of reading. Use this link for gift cards:
Just in case you need a little help getting in the Book Fair spirit, here is a quick teaser!
The Book Fair is our library’s biggest fundraiser of the year and we appreciate and thank you for your support. Please let me know if you have any questions.
See you at the Fair!
Farrand Library Media Specialist