Farrand Robocall email April 11, 2021
Good Evening Farrand Families and Hello Farrand Foxes,
The Farrand School Community has been at work with math, ela, social studies and science. We appreciate all of the hard work.
Did you know Earth Day is just around the corner? This week Farrand students learned that a 10 minute shower uses 25 gallons of water. The goal is to reduce the amount of water we are using.
Fifth grade Safe Start students will begin M-STEP testing on Wednesday, April 14 from 11:30 to 3:00. Lunch for fifth grade begins at 10:30 and ends at 11:20. Happy Testing 5th graders!
Now for District News;
• Starting on Monday, April 12, all P-CCS parents will be asked to officially declare their enrollment commitment for their student(s) for the 2021-22 school year. We previously asked families to complete an interest form to give us initial information, but this is the formal enrollment commitment for the 2021-22 school year. There will be two instructional models available at P-CCS next year.
- All students will be enrolled in our traditional P-CCS model of full in-person instruction unless their family chooses to enroll them in the optional P-CCS Virtual Academy model.
- A P-CCS Virtual Academy model will be available as an option to students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Families will have one week to enroll their student(s) in the P-CCS Virtual Academy option by filling out an enrollment form. This enrollment form is a formal agreement for the 2021-22 school year, so it is important for families to review the updated P-CCS Virtual Academy 2021-2022 program information foundin this document to ensure they are choosing the appropriate program for their student(s).
- A link to complete the form will be sent via email on Monday, April 12, 2021 at 10 a.m.
- All forms must be returned by 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 17, 2021.
We are sensitive to the challenges that may be involved with asking families to make this decision for students at the present time, however this information is needed by the district in order for us to build the program schedules, allocate staffing, and prepare programming for next year. Without this information, we would not be able to provide both options for all interested families for 2021-22.
- All elementary and middle school families interested in participating in screening for the 2021-2022 Talented and Gifted Program should be aware that March 26 was the last day of the Winter NWEA testing window for all kindergarten through 8th grade P-CCS students (Safe Start or Virtual Academy). Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 NWEA scores for 2nd-7th grade students will now be reviewed to determine which P-CCS students have met theTAG Screening (NWEA) Qualifying scores (click the blue link) in both math and reading.
If students meet the qualifying scores on the NWEA, in both math and reading, they will be invited to take the CogAT, the qualifying assessment for the P-CCS Talented and Gifted program. This information will come to families via email during the first few weeks of May. At this time we plan to administer the CogAT assessment in mid-June after the 2020-2021 school year has officially ended. Please note that P-CCS continues to monitor Covid-19 and navigate student and staff safety during this pandemic with this in mind, this timeline could change.
- If you were not able to attend Plymouth-Canton Community Schools’ first Virtual Academy Parent Information Night on Wednesday, April 7, you can still see the event on the Official P-CCS YouTube Channel. Please click on this link to view the event: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=plymouth+canton+community+schools
- If your student has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or it is determined that he or she was in close contact with someone who is, it is necessary that you report it to the school district. Please usethis form to enter quarantine and positive COVID information. Please answer all questions as completely and as accurately as possible.
If you are interested in learning more about the COVID-19 reporting, please click on this P-CCS Student COVID Reporting Algorithm (PDF) to view the process.