Farrand Robocall email May 16, 2021
Good Evening Farrand Families, Hello Farrand Foxes,
I hope you are enjoying our spring weather and warm temperatures. Our students have completed M-STEP and NWEA testing. Fifth Grade Parents,The Counselors From West Middle School will be at Farrand on Monday to discuss 6 th grade schedules.
On Wednesday, some fifth grade students will take the 6th grade advanced placement math test at 9:15.
All parents were notified of the CDC’s latest response to mask wearing outside. This is not a mandate. Students can continue to wear masks if they choose.
A reminder that Monday, May 31 is a school holiday. There will be no classes on Memorial Day.
And now for District News...
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools Academic Camps and Community-Based Experiences will be running on various dates and times from June 21 through August 20 for students in all grades. These are engaging learning experiences that are designed to excite your student. All summer academies, credit recovery and community based experiences will be presented at no cost for students who are enrolled in P-CCS for the 2021-2022 school year. For more information, please click on this link:
- P-CCS has implemented the MDHHS order, allowing students and staff to participate in outdoor activities of less than 100 persons, without wearing face masks. This change is for outdoor activities only, including recess and classes that are held outdoors. Face coverings are still required for all students and staff while inside. Parents and guardians may still choose to have their children wear face masks outdoors.
Additionally, face mask requirements have been lifted for participants during active practice and competition for outdoor, non-contact organized sports. Participants in contact-sports practices and competitions must remain masked — even outdoors. In accordance with the MDHHS order, spectators at outdoor gatherings with fewer than 100 persons are not required to wear a mask, however mask requirements remain in effect for events in excess of 100 persons. For the safety and wellbeing of our school community, strict compliance with this requirement will be enforced.
The Order is effective through May 31, 2021. You may look at the official order by clicking on this link:
- On Tuesday, May 11, families received an email from the P-CCS assessment address email@example.com indicating that their child’s fall or winter NWEA scores met the threshold for eligibility to take the CogAT. The CogAT is the test that qualifies students for the 3rd-8th grade Talented and Gifted Program. Qualifying NWEA scores for each grade level can be foundhere.
A general timeline for the next steps in this process can be found on the P-CCS website athttps://www.pccsk12.com/Home/Components/News/News/23513/129
- Canton High School will be a pop-up vaccination site for MDHHS in conjunction with the WCHD to offer the Pfizer vaccine to anyone 16 and older on Tuesday, May 18 from Noon to 6 p.m. (second dose will be Tuesday, June 8 from Noon to 6 p.m.). Both dates will take place in the Canton High School Phase Three Gym. All eligible students, their family members and the community at large are able to register to participate. Although WCHD only requires parent signatures, P-CCS encourages every student to have a parent or guardian present if they are interested in being vaccinated.
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools invites you to take part in its fifth district-wide Parent / Community Climate Survey. The survey launched on May 3, and is open to all parents, guardians and community members. Survey questions address important topics, including safety, governance and leadership, teaching and assessments, resources, and school operations. You will have until Monday, May 17, to share your feedback and your responses to the survey are strictly confidential.
If you have a current email address on file with the district, you’ll receive a personal invitation and/or survey link when the survey launches. If not, you can take the survey by clicking the link that will be posted on our district website (www.pccsk12.com), Facebook, or Twitter. You’ll also receive survey reminders and information through our district robocall system and mobile app.
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools produces a weekly podcast with all the important district information for students, staff and families. Please click on this linkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5k4kc745W0 to view this week’s LPT in 3 podcast.