Farrand Robocall/Email November 11/14/2021
The Student Council would like to invite all Farrand students to celebrate Farrand Fridays. “In order to show school spirit you are encouraged to wear your Farrand gear”. You can purchase your Farrand gear online at: www.pjmonty.com
Farrand Elementary School along with the Farrand PTO have partnered with the
Plymouth Community United Way to help support P-CCS families in need during the
Holidays! We will be collecting canned / boxed foods, basic hygiene supplies and household cleaning items from November 8 through November 30th. Students may bring their donations to the school and drop them off in the United Way box in the Sally Port.
Farrand will be hosting a T-shirt fundraiser to support Diabetic Youth Families. Farrand Students will wear blue on December 10. More information will follow regarding purchasing diabetes blue shirts.
Wednesday and Thursday of this week, November 17 and 18, there is a half day of school. Parent Teacher Conferences will be held virtually during this time and other times that have been previously scheduled.
Parents, we ask that you continue to be patient with the office and the new demands Covid 19 places on the regular school day. If you are picking your student up early, we ask that you do so by 3:30 p.m. Office staff are taking care of the ongoing medical needs for some of our students before dismissal. Office staff are not readily available to answer the door and get students between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m.
And now for District News
For Elementary Schools only - P-CCS will be posting detailed information about Talented And Gifted (TAG) Screening and Testing later this month. Families can viewthis video from the 2020-21 school yearto review how the process is structured. Please note, the process will not change, but the dates will be updated in the new video.
We strongly encourage families to subscribe to receive updates from the P-CCS Talented and Gifted webpage. After you subscribe you will receive updates any time information is posted to the website. When you subscribe you have to complete the process by acknowledging that you have subscribed through a confirmation email. Some families do not receive updates because they do not complete the full process.
If you have specific questions about the TAG eligibility process, please email Anthony Ruela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The P-CCS Community Education Basketball League returns this winter. This popular program is expected to fill fast, so enroll early. Additional program details, health & safety information, and enrollment can be found atPCCEREGISTER.COM..
Online registration is OPEN for the following leagues:
• Boys and girls, Grades 3rd-4th & 5th-6th grades (Note: Several of the junior leagues are currently full and wait listing. Please continue to add your name to the list so we know of your interest. If a spot opens up, or we are able to add more teams, we will rely on the waitlist to contact families and register additional players.)
• Boys, Grades 7th-8th & 9th-12th grades.
• Please continue to watch for a league update for girls in grades 7 & 8.
Are you able to COACH a team? CEBL depends on volunteer coaches to be able to run. The number of teams can be dictated by the support we have, so please consider volunteering Email CEBL@pccsk12.com with questions or to express your interest in coaching.
Looking for other youth or adult Community Ed activities?
• Some fall classes still have openings. Youth Art Classes, Sensory Friendly Family Fall Workshop, Adult Gentle Flow Yoga, Medicare 101, Let's Get Organized, and Managing Mounds of Paper are now enrolling.
• Visit our website in mid-November for information regarding our Ski Program for grades 6 -12.
• Online winter course registration for classes coming in January will be posted the week of December 5. As always, email email@example.com with questions.
Plymouth-Canton Community Schools produces a weekly podcast with all the important district information for students, staff and families. You can view the click last LPT in 3 podcast for this school year on the district’s official YouTube channel at: https://www.pccsk12.com/Home/