Robocall April 16, 2021
A reminder that the District has scheduled a full day of Professional Development classes for staff on April 26. There will be no classes for students next Monday, April 26.
Farrand’s Green Team has been sharing many ways we can all make choices to help restore our Earth. Ask your student how they plan to save energy and resources on our planet.
This Thursday is Earth Day. We will have a spirit day to show our commitment to helping keep our Earth clean and healthy. Students are encouraged to wear anything blue and green and anything with the Earth on it that day.
We can’t wait to see your Earth Day spirit on Thursday, April 22nd!
Please take a moment to complete this important survey to help P-CCS further develop a culturally, racially and ethnically aware and responsive school district that promotes and supports a culture and climate of belonging.
Link to the Survey: https://hanover-research.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cSHuwh4JRmJue7Y
Survey window: The survey will be open from April 14 - April 28
Purpose of the Survey:
Plymouth-Canton Community Schools is committed to ensuring that all students, staff and families feel safe, valued and respected in our school district. As a school community, we must continue to do the intentional work that ensures the physical, social and emotional safety and well-being of all of students and staff. With that at the core of what we believe, we want your thoughts on the district's continuing efforts to provide equitable opportunities and a welcoming and safe environment for students, parents and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Now for District News
- This Saturday, April 17 is the last day P-CCS parents can officially declare their enrollment commitment for their student(s) for the 2021-22 school year. We previously asked families to complete an interest form to give us initial information, but this is the formal enrollment commitment for the 2021-22 school year. There will be two instructional models available at P-CCS next year.
- All students will be enrolled in our traditional P-CCS model of full in-person instruction unless their family chooses to enroll them in the optional P-CCS Virtual Academy model.
- A P-CCS Virtual Academy model will be available as an option to students in Kindergarten through 12th grade. Families will have one week to enroll their student(s) in the P-CCS Virtual Academy option by filling out an enrollment form. This enrollment form is a formal agreement for the 2021-22 school year, so it is important for families to review the updated P-CCS Virtual Academy 2021-2022 program information foundin this document to ensure they are choosing the appropriate program for their student(s).
- A link to complete the form was sent to you via email on Monday, April 12, 2021 at 10 a.m.
- All forms must be returned by 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 17, 2021.
We are sensitive to the challenges that may be involved with asking families to make this decision for students at the present time, however this information is needed by the district in order for us to build the program schedules, allocate staffing, and prepare programming for next year. Without this information, we would not be able to provide both options for all interested families for 2021-22.
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools (P-CCS) is interested in your thoughts on the district's continuing efforts to provide equitable opportunities and a welcoming environment to students, parents, and staff from diverse backgrounds. Diverse backgrounds include various ethnicities, races, cultures, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, socio-economic backgrounds, and all other identities.
This study is for research purposes only: all information you provide will be maintained on a confidential basis by Hanover Research and will only be reported to P-CCS in an anonymized form (i.e., your name and identifying information such as race and gender will not be shared with the district or tied to your responses), so please be candid in your responses.
This survey will take the average person about 15 minutes to complete and can be found by clicking on thislink The survey will be open from April 14 until April 28 and all staff, students (grades 6 to 12) and parents are encouraged to participate.
- P-CCS Community Education is looking forward to seeing you in-person at outdoor classes coming this Spring! Registration is open for a variety of activities for youth and adults, including Art, Fitness, Golf, Karate, Soccer, Yoga and more. After school and evening classes will be held throughout the district.
Course descriptions, online enrollment, and information about our health & safety protocols can all be found atPCCEREGISTER.COM. Some classes begin the week of 4/19, so secure your spot today! Be sure to check back often -- new opportunities will be added weekly. Email email@example.com with questions or to suggest a topic you would like to see offered.
- If your student has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or it is determined that he or she was in close contact with someone who is, it is necessary that you report it to the school district. Please usethis form to enter quarantine and positive COVID information. Please answer all questions as completely and as accurately as possible.
If you are interested in learning more about the COVID-19 reporting, please click on thisP-CCS Student COVID Reporting Algorithm (PDF) to view the process.
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools produces a weekly podcast with all the important district information for students, staff and families. Please click on this linkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5k4kc745W0 to view this week’s LPT in 3 podcast.