Dear Otis Families:
As we start the new year, the PTA Executive Board would like to remind everyone of the Posting Guidelines for Konstella and the Otis Elementary Parents Facebook Group. Please see the Guidelines below. They can also be found under Files & Links.
Purpose: The purpose of the Facebook group and Konstella is to share information and support one another and our school in a positive and productive way.
Admins: Facebook: Beth Aney, Mike Webber and Jenny Beck are the administrators for the Facebook group. They can be contacted through private messaging or email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Members: These are closed groups. Only current Otis parents, guardians, teachers, staff and active volunteers may be members. You will be deleted from both groups when you are no longer affiliated with Otis.
The PTA Executive Board and School Administration hope both the Facebook group and Konstella will help you feel part of the Otis community and be places where you will find useful information about Otis. Our school motto is, “Be Safe, Be Kind, Be Your Best.” These guidelines model that motto and are meant to serve as a reminder of who we are as a school and how we should act and behave as positive role models to Otis students, families, teachers and staff.
At Otis, we value and respect different points of view which can lead to important conversations about difficult topics. To help balance the needs, safety, and interests of a diverse community, however, the admins may remove certain kinds of sensitive content including private and/or confidential information or matters related to any individual, whether a teacher, staff member, parent, guardian, volunteer, or students. Private and/or confidential information is just that and should not be discussed on the Facebook group or through Konstella.
When posting or messaging other parents, staff or teachers, PLEASE remember:
- Words can hurt and do have an impact on individuals and our community as a whole. Please be respectful of everyone and be a responsible digital citizen.
- Negative, disparaging, snide, snarky, or mean comments and gossip are not productive and will not be tolerated on Konstella or the FB group. Please note that such comments will be deleted and the poster will get a warning. Repeat offenders will be removed and Principal Harris will be notified.
- Meaningful discussions about how to solve a problem are positive and do good for our community by bringing us together to find a solution.
The following conduct is prohibited:
- Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language.
- “Trolling” or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track.
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual or class of individuals.
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs.
- Content that relates to confidential information of any person.
- Content contrary to the purposes of the forum.
- Personal promotion that does not benefit or provide a service to the school community.
Please message the admins if you have concerns about violations of these rules, or feel you are being targeted or harassed by another member. If you have suggestions for improvements to the group or rules, please message the admins.
Otis PTA Executive Board