Walk-A-Thon is scheduled for Wednesday, November 14. In light of the terrible ongoing fire in the Chico area which is causing unhealthy air quality here, we are closely monitoring the situation and will proceed with the event ONLY IF IT'S SAFE TO DO SO. We do not want anyone exposed to unhealthy air conditions. Rest assured we will reschedule the event if air quality is not safe for our students to be outside. Stay tuned for more information in the coming days.
Please continue to collect Walk-A-Thon donations! Donations can be made via cash, check or online.
- Please make all checks payable to "Otis PTA"
- For ONLINE DONATIONS, you must indicate the name of your student's teacher. Please let friends and family know this information so there aren't any delays in processing donations.
If your student is collecting donations for each lap walked, please note the following.
- The course for kindergarten is 0.2 miles and they will be walking 1 hour.
- The course for grades 1 and 2 is 0.28 miles and they will be walking 1 hour.
- The course for grades 3,4 and 5 is 0.42 miles. They will be walking for 1.5 hours.
We still need volunteers from 8:00am to 10:30am to set up the courses, punch lap cards and monitor the course while students are walking to ensure our students stay on track and are safe at all times. Please SIGN UP HERE to help. We need LOTS of volunteers to make this a successful and fun event for our students.
Walk-A-Thon is one of the PTA's biggest fundraisers of the year. Our goal is to raise $53,000 at this event alone. All funds go to support the STEAM lab, Soul Shoppe, Small Group learning (reading and math), assemblies, field trips, art and garden docent, and so much more. All donations, no matter how big or small, are welcome.
Thank you and Go Owls!
Otis PTA Executive Board