We are excited to announce the Halloween Parade will return to FASSV on Friday, October 29th. It will take place in the grass and forested area behind the portable buildings.
The event will be slightly modified this year. Returning families will recall the usual parade would include a number of themed “stations” organized by each class where students would do a brief activity before concluding at the photo station for pictures. This year, however, the event will be simplified to a walk-thru experience that includes decorations, props and hopefully live dressed up volunteers. Students will go through the "haunted walk" with their class only; classes will be staggered.
We are assembling a group of parents to help organize this event, so if you would like to help, please sign up below no later than Wednesday, October 15th.
Tips & Instructions for The Parade:
- Children should arrive at school in their costumes before 8:30am.
- Please bring a change of clothes for after the parade; the school requested that students wear a t-shirt and shorts under their costume to facilitate changing when students arrive back at their classrooms as parents will not be allowed to enter the school.
- The grass can be wet in the morning, so please consider appropriate footwear as children will be walking in the grass.
- No weapons (guns, swords, etc.) of any kind are allowed
- Face masks are required as per school policy.
- The parade will end at the Photo Station where pictures will be taken by classroom. If parents could send their best pictures to Frank Chen (via Konstella) for the Yearbook, that would be much appreciated.
Parents are welcome to attend, but must be wearing a mask and enter only through the park side. Please do not congregate or wait in the sheltered corridor outside the front entrance as the teachers will be bringing the students from the main building through the corridor and would like to avoid crowds gathering. Please instead wait in the park where there is ample space. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
This is a fun event for both kids and parents. A chance to get creative, so we hope parents will sign up below to make this a special Halloween for the students. Thanks in advance!
~The PTA Team
Halloween Parade Planning Signed Up: 20 / 15