Sun, Jul 12 1:38pm
Dear GMIS Families,
Over the past week, our very own Jackie lao shi has been busy at work with her close friend, I-Wei lao shi, to help create a special online art class for children taught in Mandarin. I-Wei lao shi is a close friend of Jackie's, who happens to be an excellent artist and experienced Mandarin teacher here in the Bay Area, and is excited about sharing these classes with interested GMIS families and other families in her network. Sadly, Jackie lao shi will not be teaching but is planning to join the first few classes to serve as a familiar face as our children get to know I-Wei lao shi.
Here are the program details:
- Monday, July 13th - Friday, August 7th; 12 classes over 4 weeks
- Classes will be held online via Zoom every Monday / Wednesday / Friday, beginning at 10 AM PST and will run for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Teaching will be done in Mandarin by I-Wei lao shi
- Best for children ages 3.5 - 6 years
- Smaller group format, the goal is to limit enrollment to no more than 6-8 students.
- Children should come prepared for each class with basic materials, including, paper, markers, crayons, color pencils, glue, and scissors.
- Every Thursday afternoon at 3 pm, there will be scheduled time for the children to share their artwork and socialize with their peers. Families are also welcome to participate
- Cost: $120
If you aren't quite sure the classes will fit your child's needs, I-Wei lao shi invites you to try out the first class for free but asks that you please email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's name and age. You can also register for the first class online at: https://us02web.zoom.us/
meeting/register/ tZIqcO2vrD4iHN1RhD6WFyZHrauTtH yVeuiF
Hope this finds you and your families well!