UPDATE on Thursday's itinerary from our Park Ranger:
1. Nature Detectives: let’s use our five senses to learn about the nature around us. (What are our five senses; what is nature; how do we stay safe while exploring nature)
2. Nature Detectives Scavenger Hunt
3. Insect Dance: (what insects did we discover today) (how do they move)
4. Reflection time: (Nature Detectives tell your story from today)
5. Join Ranger Kerry for a walk through the Berkeley Meadow habitat restoration site. A flat, fenced trail approximately 3/4 of a mile.
MEET HERE: Marina Blvd near Spinnaker Way, across from the Double Tree Hilton Hotel. Park in front of the white concrete barriers. See map:
Dear Families -
Next Thursday, 4/25th, is a half day at GMIS! Are you like most of us parents and haven't figured out (or even begun to think about) what to do with our kids?
Your fun-loving GPO team will be sponsoring a fun "Nature Detectives" group hike with our very own East Bay park ranger Kerry Blackwell as a guide. Kerry will take us on a sunny nature 'hike' (appropriate for miniature detectives) and teach us about the amazing local animals and plants that, like us, call the East Bay home. Although this is designed for the kiddos, I'm sure we adults are going to learn a lot too!
Please RSVP ASAP so we can manage the size of group.
- A light snack will be provided, but please make sure each hiker is equipped to be outdoors (e.g., a bottle of water, close-toed shoes, sunscreen, hat, etc.)
- All GMIS students and their families are welcome to join us!
- Every student must be accompanied by an adult. Everyone is responsible for their own transportation to and from Cesar Chavez Park.
Please RSVP as soon as you can. Look forward to seeing you there!