HELPING YOU NAVIGATE YOUR CHILD’S DIGITAL WORLD
Who: Elementary, Middle and High School Parents
When: Thursday, January 31st, 6:30–8:30 PM
Where: Ralph A. Gates Elementary School
Cost: Free to attend
What apps are on your child’s phone? What social media are they using? What age should a child have a smart phone? Digital technology is an excellent tool to make and enhance social relationships, however, it can also expose our children to risk.
We are excited to have Clayton Cranford, cyber safety expert and law enforcement professional, to help us navigate this very important subject. He created the Cyber Safety Cop website and authored, Parenting in the Digital World. IHe teaches parents and students how to avoid the inherent risks of social media and other web-based platforms by knowing the danger signs and using safe practices.
Clay Cranford will discuss:
• Current impact of bullying in schools
• Current apps kids are using and what you need to know about them
• Risks associated with popular social media sites
• "Sexting" and online predators
• How to set expectations and consequences
• How to monitor online activity and find secret Instagram accounts
• How to talk to your child about pornography
• Parental controls and privacy settings
FOR PARENTS ONLY. NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED
IN THE PRESENTATION
Clayton Cranford is a law enforcement professional and one of the nation’s leading educators on social media and behavioral threat assessments. He is the author of Parenting in the Digital World and winner of the National Bullying Prevention Award.
Clay Cranford’s book, Parenting in the Digital World, will be available for sale at the event. $20.00 (cash or credit card).
It is an important tool to making your child’s digital world safe. http://www.cybersafetycop.com/