Parental involvement in a child's education is one of the most important factors in raising student self-esteem and academic achievement. There are so many ways to be involved even if you can't be present in the classroom!
So much can be accomplished by working together. Have you ever wanted to be a Room Parent, but didn't think you had the time? Think again!
The best class environments have a team of 2 room parents. One parent might prefer to be in charge of communications, another might prefer organizing classroom parent volunteers, and yet another might enjoy party planning. There are so many different opportunities, and each is just as valuable as the next!
Room Representatives will be limited to two (2) per classroom. If we have more interest per classroom a lottery system will be used to select Room Representatives.
Shared Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the teacher to coordinate class parties/ activities during the year
- Coordinate poster making during Teacher Appreciation Week
- Communicate information and volunteer needs for PTA sponsored events
- Strengthen your child's learning environment
- Build friendships with other parents
- Provide support for your child's teacher
- Familiarize yourself with school activities
- See first-hand what your child is learning
- The Benefits Far Outweigh the Small Amount of Time Involved!
The benefits far outweigh the small amount of time involved!
Have Questions? Want to Learn More?
Please share your contact information with us at the link below by Friday 10/14/2022.
A room parent meeting details will be forwarded to the email address you provide. The room parent meeting will take place on Wednesday, October 26th via ZOOM (SAVE THE DATE).
As a reminder - room parent communications will take place via Konstella! If you have not yet signed up for Konstella please do so today. (Konstella has an app!) This is the primary way our school's PTA communicates with parents! The invitation code for Konstella is 5WM8mQ
Thank you in advance for your willingness to help support our school and your child's classroom!