Sprouts, Hacienda's parent led gardening program, seeks parents to be classroom docent and helpers for the 2020-21 school year.
Gardening with students will look a bit different this year! There are scripted lessons and training provided throughout the year. We have planned 2 virtual lessons to teach your child’s class from mid-October to December. Lessons are estimated to be 20-40 minutes. January to May lessons delivery are still in being brainstormed.
Join us to learn more about Sprouts and training for lesson 1!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 539 123 6454
- Welcome to Sprouts
- Who you are
- What Sprouts is
- Walk through of Google Folder of Resources for Lesson 1
- Share screen: Find folder on Konstella, walk through available files, find your grade level lesson and corresponding file resources
- Overview of grade level lesson
- Walk through lesson essentials
- Prepare for the lesson – Contact your teacher and decide what day, time; how you will present on Webex; what materials do you need and what materials will the students need? Can the teacher put your forms online for kids to access?
- Lesson Calendar for the school year
- Lesson 1, Oct – Nov 13
- Lesson 2, Nov 16- Dec 18
- Lesson 3, Jan 5 – Feb 26
- Lesson 4, March 1 – Apr 9
- Lesson 5, Apr 19 – May 28
- Any other questions?