Drop Off and Pickup is always a busy time on campus. This vital and important team helps keep our students safe and parents informed.
Parking and Safety PARENTS, PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY.
Using the Drop-Off Circle on Kimberly Drive
- You may drop off Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grade students in the Drop-Off Circle
(3rd – 5th graders can use the Drop-Zone on Rodney.)
- Children should ONLY EXIT the vehicle on the right passenger side.
- Always pull up to the gate where it says Drop-Off before having your child exit your vehicle.
- DO NOT pass cars in the Drop-Off Circle.
- DO NOT allow children to exit until you’ve reached the Drop-Zone at the end of the circle by the blue gates.
- Have children ready with backpacks, etc., when you reach the Drop Zone (do not have backpacks, lunch boxes, school projects, etc. in the trunk).
- Say your goodbyes before reaching the Drop Zone.
- Right Turn Only when exiting the Drop-Off Circle.
Driving & Parking Around Hacienda
- Always be sure your child exits the vehicle on the right passenger side and not into traffic.
- Be aware of time limit zones, slow speeds, red zones and white “loading only” zones.
- DO NOT park in the Bus Loading Zones on Kimberly and Vistamont Drives.
- DO NOT park in the staff parking lots on Kimberly and Rodney Drives.
- Never “double park”, block handicap spaces, drop students away from the curb, go around cars in the street, make a u-turn in the school zone
- Do not leave your car if parked in a white 5-Minute Loading Zone
- Please be considerate of our neighbors. Do not: block driveways, bump or move garbage cans, park on or drive through yard clipping piles, etc.
- Always be alert when you are: in your vehicle, walking in crosswalks, and anywhere else that children may be. We need to look out for one another and especially for all Hacienda students.
- San Jose Police patrols will issue citations for speed, safety and parking infractions.
- If you observe dangerous behavior, please report it to a teacher and/or the school office immediately.
Positions (0/4 filled)
Volunteer Lead & Coordinator Signed Up: 0 / 1
Coordinates Recurring Events to Manage Coverage
Traffic Circle Team Signed Up: 0 / 10
From 8:30 until start of school, Open doors and greeting students as they arrive safely in the unloading zone nearest the front office on Kimberly Dr. A schedule can be created within the group and can be a single morning per week (ie every Tuesday).
Safety Enforcement Signed Up: 0 / 3
Occasionally stand in problem areas directing pedestrian and street traffic to the proper paths.
Traffic Circle Team of SUBS Signed Up: 0 / 5
Be a backup that likes to help but cant commit to a weekly gig. Be included in communications and open to members reaching out if coverage is needed.