Welcome back! As you may have noticed, parking gets a little tight in the morning. Drop Off and Pickup is ALWAYS a busy time on campus, but bringing back the drop-off zone this year will help relieve parking woes and increase the efficiency of the space we have. However, we can only bring back the drop-off zone with YOUR help! This vital and important team helps keep our students safe and parents informed. Sign up to volunteer out there HERE
Parking and Safety PARENTS, PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY.
Using the Drop-Off Circle on Kimberly Drive
- Once active (sign up now!) you may drop off Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd-grade students in the Drop-Off Circle (3rd – 5th graders can use the Drop-Zone on Rodney).
- Children should ONLY EXIT the vehicle on the right passenger side.
- Always pull up to the gate where it says Drop-Off before having your child exit your vehicle.
- DO NOT pass cars in the Drop-Off Circle.
- DO NOT allow children to exit until you’ve reached the Drop-Zone at the end of the circle by the blue gates.
- Have children ready with backpacks, etc. when you reach the Drop Zone (i.e. do not have backpacks, lunch boxes, school projects, etc. in the trunk).
- Say your goodbyes before reaching the Drop Zone.
- Right Turn Only when exiting the Drop-Off Circle.
Driving & Parking Around Hacienda
- Always be sure your child exits the vehicle on the right passenger side and not into traffic.
- Be aware of time limit zones, slow speeds, red zones and white “loading only” zones.
- DO NOT park in the Bus Loading Zones on Kimberly and Vistamont Drives.
- DO NOT park in the staff parking lots on Kimberly and Rodney Drives.
- Never “double park”, block handicap spaces, drop students away from the curb, go around cars in the street, make a u-turn in the school zone
- Do not leave your car if parked in a white 5-Minute Loading Zone
- Please be considerate of our neighbors. Do not: block driveways, bump or move garbage cans, park on or drive through yard clipping piles, etc.
- Always be alert when you are: in your vehicle, walking in crosswalks, and anywhere else that children may be. We need to look out for one another and especially for all Hacienda students.
- San Jose Police patrols will issue citations for speed, safety and parking infractions.
- If you observe dangerous behavior, please report it to a teacher and/or the school office immediately.
Positions (1/4 filled)
Volunteer Lead & Coordinator Signed Up: 1 / 1
Coordinates Recurring Events to Manage Coverage
Traffic Circle Team Signed Up: 4 / 10
From 8:30 until start of school, Open doors and greeting students as they arrive safely in the unloading zone nearest the front office on Kimberly Dr. A schedule can be created within the group and can be a single morning per week (ie every Tuesday).
Safety Enforcement Signed Up: 1 / 3
Occasionally stand in problem areas directing pedestrian and street traffic to the proper paths.
Traffic Circle Team of SUBS Signed Up: 1 / 5
Be a backup that likes to help but cant commit to a weekly gig. Be included in communications and open to members reaching out if coverage is needed.