It looks like the school year got off to a terrific start! We have just a few announcements for you this week:
- Many thanks to Russ and Lora Marcantonio for the fabulous job they did renovating the teacher lunch room. Over the summer they were busy giving the teacher's room a makeover which included demo of the old "kitchen", building a new wall and anchoring it to the concrete block, installing new cabinets and countertops as well as painting the new space. Mrs. Cauley topped off the new look with new tables and chairs. The space is now much more inviting and functional. We hope our teachers enjoy their new space as they settle in to a new school year. We will try to post updated photos on Facebook.
- Please update your Konstella information ASAP! If you would like to be a room parent please email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer. If there are more than 2 volunteers for a class the room parents will be chosen by lottery.
- Save the date for the Boo Bash: Saturday, October 28th 5-7 PM. More information will be released in October.
- Konstella has partnered with Amazon. If you access Amazon via the link at the bottom left corner of the computer screen via the Konstella app Konstella will donate 2% to Hanaford. The is an easy way to support the students at Hanaford. I've already made several purchases this way!
- Please check the Konstella calendar on a regular basis as new information is being added frequently. The Hanaford Flu Clinic has been scheduled Wednesday, October 4, 4-6:30 PM. See the attached flyer for information for more information and how to register.
Stop and Shop A+ Rewards If you are new to Hanaford this year, or have not yet registered for the Stop and Shop A+ Rewards program, please take a moment to register your Stop and Shop card to help earn cash for Hanaford! The date to begin registering for the 2017/2018 school year is September 11, 2017. The program dates are October 6, 2017- March 15, 2018. Last school year our Hanaford community earned $1,000!!! Encourage your friends and family to link their cards to our school as well. Our school ID is 10776. To register your card (After 9/11/2017) follow this link: school-rewards
BoxTops for Education Hanaford Families, we have some exciting news to share!! Hanaford is just $10.00 away from $10,000 in Lifetime earnings with the Boxtops program. Those boxtops that you clip and save really do add up! Twice a year, the Boxtops program mails a check to our PTG for the total of our ‘bank account’. Our first check for this school year will be mailed in November, so remember to send in any clippings that you have accumulated over the summer. Remind friends and family that our school would greatly appreciate their clipped Boxtops if they do not have a school that they already donate to. This is a great way to collect cash back on products that your household already purchases. Just clip before the package heads to the recycle bin. For a full list of participating products click here: participating-products. Remember, we cannot submit any expired Boxtops. Place your clipped Boxtops in an envelope or baggie with your child’s teacher labeled on the outside. We will have a school wide competition throughout the year to reach our Boxtop goal. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Sarah Carr, 518-612-6770.