- Please join us for our first PTG meeting of the year on Monday, October 2. We will begin with a meet and greet at 6:45. The meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 and should adjourn by 8:30.
- Hanaford Apparel sales orders are due Wednesday, October 3. The form is attached below. Alternatively, orders can be placed online by credit card here.
- The Hanaford/Meadowbrook Flu clinic is on Wednesday from 4:00-6:30 PM at Cole Middle School. More information is attached. Register for the Flu clinic here.
- The Scholastic Book Fair and Dime Challenge were a tremendous success! We were able to purchase $800 in books for the library and classrooms! Thank you all for your support of this program!
- Save the date for the Papa Gino's Fundraiser on Sunday, October 15th from 11AM to 5PM. Flyers will go home via backpack. Information is attached below.
- Recycled Reading is Friday, October 6 during all lunches. See attached for more information.
- To join the Boo Bash planning committee please email Amy Clarke email@example.com and Jen Asay firstname.lastname@example.org. This event is a lot of fun to plan and much help is needed to make it a success.
Hanaford is looking for volunteers for Character Counts for this school year! We need 2 parents per classroom for all grades, plus a few extra 'back up' in case our regulars cannot make the scheduled times. Commitment to this program consists of 1 hour (class time and preparation) a month, generally the 3rd week of the month!
What is Character Counts?
CHARACTER COUNTS is an immersive program connecting staff, parents, and students through a shared language and framework of values called THE SIX PILLARS OF CHARACTER
The Six Pillars of Character is a framework for teaching good character and is composed of six ethical values (characteristics) everyone can agree upon: Trustworthiness; Respect; Responsibility; Fairness; Caring; and Citizenship.
The curriculum for this program is already set, you just need to present to your assigned classroom. Each grade has it's own binder, with grade/age appropriate lessons, or you can get creative and put your own spin on said lesson, as long as it follows one of the six pillars.
Character Counts is a great way to get involved in your child's classroom, get to know their classmates, teachers, and may even find some character surprises of your own child and even yourself!
Contact your child's grade parent if you want to sign up!
OR...you can email the volunteer coordinator Aimee Falso and we will pass your info/interest to your grade's chairperson.
Sun, Oct 1 2:08pm