Welcome back to school!
Another summer is now behind us and a new school year is starting. The Hanaford PTG is very excited about the upcoming school year! We have many fun events planned for the year, some that have become annual traditions and some new events as well. We strongly encourage you to browse the committees section of Konstella to see what events we are planning for the year and to share your interests with us. We strive to be welcoming to all and appreciate any ideas, comments, or suggestions. We will be sending out weekly announcements as well as quarterly newsletters to keep you up to date about the many exciting things happening at Hanaford. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your PTG co-presidents Lisa Pomeroy firstname.lastname@example.org and Jen Madden email@example.com.
- If you have not done so already, please take a few minutes to update your contact information on Konstella and assign your child to his/her classroom. If you would like to be a room parent please contact our volunteer coordinator Aimee Falso firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are more than 2 requests in a class the room parent will be assigned by lottery.
- All volunteers at Hanaford need to have a current BCI check on file. Holly Zenga from the EGPD will be available at the Open House on September 27th to facilitate BCI checks. Alternatively, you may complete the form attached and send it to school with a copy of your driver's license. The form does not need to be notarized.
- Konstella has partnered with Amazon this year. When parents shop on Amazon via an Amazon link shown on Konstella (bottom left corner of computer screen or top of screen for app), Konstella will donate 2% to our organization. This is an easy way to support the Hanaford community!
- Our Back to School Picnic and Movie Night has been scheduled for Friday, September 15th from 6-9 PM rain or shine. More information will be forthcoming.
- Hanaford is undergoing construction at the main entryway that began this summer and is expected to continue through October. The drop off circle remains unchanged during this construction. New crosswalks have been added for the buses to enable the children to safely enter and exit the building. The interim entryway will be the first door as you enter the drop-off circle (where kids were dismissed as pick-ups last year).
- Updated bus routes will be posted on the district website today.
- Our first PTG meeting has been scheduled for Monday, October 2 at 7PM. Please mark your calendars! We look forward to seeing you there.