Fri, Apr 13 3:52pm
Here are some quick Walkathon Reminders.
Parent Volunteers Needed:
Over 100 parent volunteers are needed to make the Walkathon a success. Parents are asked to work a two-hour shift in various game or food booths at the carnival. Volunteering is a great way to meet parents from other grades/classrooms! Happy to accommodate requests whenever possible, especially for those who sign up early! Please click here to sign up to volunteer. contact Kristin Ruff with questions.
Lending Gear & Equipment:
To offset costs for renting equipment, the Hillcrest community pools together its shade covers, ice chests, money boxes, easels, etc. necessary for the event.
Raffle and Prize Booth
We really need new or gently used toys large/small, games, sports gear, stuffies to supplement the items we purchase for the WALKATHON PRIZE BOOTH and also RAFFLE. These will be used as prizes for kids who win tix at the Carnival and for the Raffle that's held a couple of weeks after the event, for kids who walk many laps. It's a great excuse to get rid of the stuff collecting dust in kid closets!
- Cute stuffies - any type/size - new or used okay IF in great shape, thanks!
- Tiny toys like leftovers from birthday gift bags (for the 1-2 ticket bins)
- Nice unused toys like craft kits, duplicate lego sets, puzzles, and any other cool kid gifts
- Sports gear of any kind - hats, balls, Warriors, A's, tchotchkes, logo stuff - super popular, again needs to be in great shape
- Feeling extra generous? You can buy/donate toy gift cards, Amazon gift cards, etc
Thanks for helping! Have a good weekend