Happenings at Holmes 4/16
Great 1st Week Back Holmies!
Please remember that while we have been away for some time, Holmes' traffic safety rules and standards are still the same.
Here are some easy tips to remember when arriving to school for drop off and/or pickup.
- Leave early, so you are not in a rush. (There WILL be traffic and congestion )
- Slow Down!!! There will be more people walking, biking, and scootering through our streets. We need to be prepared for children to be crossing streets at any time.
- Consider walking your child to school if you live in the neighborhood; Or if driving, park a few blocks away and walk your student up (bonus exercise!)
- Use ALL crosswalks provided within our community.
- DO NOT let your child exit the vehicle while in the street. Please pull over fully to a curbed area to ensure everyone's safety.
Good Morning Holmes Families, this is Principal, Jonathan Saipe. We had a very successful opening of onsite learning! The students have settled nicely into their classes and are doing a remarkable job with new procedures and routines. Everyone is SO HAPPY! A big thank you to our teachers, office staff, and custodians for their hard work and preparation. We have an INCREDIBLE TEAM! I also want to recognize our amazing parents for following the school plan for our arrival and departure procedures and for completing the daily symptom checklist. The students have been coming to school ready and prepared to learn.
Just a reminder that there is no onsite instruction on Fridays. Teachers will do a 30-minute zoom check-in to support unfinished work, assign asynchronous assignments, and set expectations for the following week. Please look for communication from your classroom teacher for the Friday Zoom invite.
Please review the new updates/information in Phase 2 Parent Handbook.
Must Do Checklist Before The First Day of School:
- Please complete the Onsite Instruction Opt-In Form. This needs to be done for each child attending onsite instruction at Holmes. If you have not already done so, please complete the form ASAP. We need to have an OPT-IN form for each student. If you completed the form you will have received a confirmation email.
- Each day your child is on site they will need to hand the Daily Symptom Checklist form to their teacher. Best practice is to have your child enter campus holding the completed checklist in hand. This checklist is intended to be conducted at home by families prior to students attending school. Forms were provided in the distribution bags, or you can download and print a copy here: Daily Symptom Checklist. Copies will also be available outside of the office.
- Medications at School: If your child requires routine or emergency medications while at school, your child's physician will need to complete the appropriate form(s). You will also need to sign it before it is valid. Physician's Recommendation for Medication; Asthma Action Plan; return the signed forms and medications to the Health Office when your student returns to campus on April 12th. Over the Counter medications will not be dispensed for the remainder of this school year. If you have any questions, please email school nurse, Charlene Pattillo email@example.com
· Friday: Fun Mask Friday (Decorate your mask at home! Use markers, moustache glitter, stickers, etc.)
Wednesday, April 28th from 4:00pm and 8:00pm- DFD- CHIPOTLE
Make dinner a selfless act by joining us for a fundraiser to support Holmes Elementary PTA. Bring in this flyer, show it on your smartphone or tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause to make sure that 33% of the proceeds will be donated to Holmes Elementary PTA. Or try the NEW! ORDER ONLINE FOR PICKUP- Use code FWM9MQ8 before checkout in ‘promo’ field. Orders placed on Chipotle.com or through the Chipotle app for pickup using this unique code will be counted towards the fundraiser.