Sat, Apr 13 4:00pm-6:00pm
Dear Hoover Families,
It's that time of the year, when we start organizing the famous and exciting Hoover International Festival - scheduled this time for Saturday, April 13 from 4-6 pm.
This is hands down one of the best events organized across PAUSD and we want to keep up our good standards. While having FUN! Last year we had an unprecedented representation of 14 countries. Please raise your hands to represent your country and your culture in this exciting event by hosting a country booth and a country dance.
This year the festival will consist of 2 parts :
- Country Booths including culture, dress, yummy eats and drinks
- Country specific ethnic and traditional dance
Please participate and volunteer in large numbers for the following -
1. Country Booths
- Share your culture, dressing and food
- Last year, we had 14 countries represented
- A stipend of $250 will be given to each booth to purchase food and booth supplies
- Organizing team will support you with tables, coordinated table covers and flags
3. Traditional Country Dance
- Host a country dance by our children
- Can be single performer or group performance
- Organizing committee can help by creating a line up of dance and entertainment shows and be in charge of AV set up
- Host country families will be in charge of the rehearsals and preparation.
- Host country families will be in charge of introduction of the performance, citing it's significance to your culture
Ira Pamnani and I are coordinating the overall event and will help coordinate the volunteering efforts. Email us ASAP to get your spots as they go away quickly.
For Ira: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiran and Ira