Saturday, April 14, 4-6pm
Dear Hoover Families,
It's that time of the year, when we start organizing the famous and exciting Hoover International Festival - scheduled for Saturday, April 14 from 4-6pm. Please raise your hands to represent your country and your culture in this exciting event by hosting a country booth or hosting a game circle.
This is hands down one of the best events organized across PAUSD and we want to keep up our good standards. While having FUN!
This year the festival will consist of 2 parts :
- Country Booths
- Country specific ethnic and traditional games
Please participate and volunteer in large numbers for the following -
1. Country Booths
- Share your culture and food
- Last year, we had 12 countries represented
- A stipend of $250 will be given to each booth to purchase food and booth supplies
2. Traditional Country Games
- Host a game circle
- Can be single player or multi player games
- Share your cultural games/ local sports. An example is the Japanese kendama or gulli danda from India. Teach your visitors about it's history and play together
Kiran Khanna and I are coordinating the overall event and will help coordinate the volunteering efforts. Email us ASAP to get your spots as they go away quickly.
For Kiran: email@example.com
For Ira: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiran and Ira