Mon, Aug 27 1:41pm
Dear Hoover Parents,
As most of you know Ms Rigas has kindly organized Invention Convention for last so many years. As she is preparing her transition, I have been working closely with her for past 2 years. With the departure of our other coordinator, we need two new parent coordinators for the Invention Convention coming up in March 2019. This event is organized to encourage our young scientists and will not be possible unless we get help from our parent coordinators. Earlier this year 170 inventors from across all grades proudly shared their innovations with our Hoover community.
Although the event occurs in March, the prep will start weeks prior to that in Dec this year.
Just to give a brief overview -
- Students bring home an entry form for Invention Convention in late Nov/ early Dec.
- Any Hoover child from kindergarten through fifth grade may participate.
- Signed entry forms are returned and display boards are pre-ordered in December before Winter Break.
- Informational packets are distributed to participating students.
- Posters will be on display around the campus for more information about the event.
- Inventions from our budding scientists are displayed in MP room for two days for all the students and parents.
Please feel free to directly get in touch with me (email@example.com or cell- 408-390-4355) if you have any questions or would like to learn more.
Hersh- IC Coodinator
Ms. Rigas - Lead on IC