Huff PTA News
Hi Huff Parents & Friends! We miss you! It's been awhile, and we've got several things for you to know from Huff PTA and the Huff parent community:
- PTA ACTIVITY during this time of shelter-in-place
- NEXT PTA GENERAL MEETING: Thursday, May 21, 7:00pm (online via Zoom)
- HELP NEEDY LOCAL FAMILIES with electronic gift cards
- PARENT EDUCATION TONIGHT: online session about "The Joy of Movement"
- MVLA PTA SPEAKER SERIES COMMITTEE seeks new parent members
HUFF PTA ACTIVITY during shelter-in-place: With the closure of school and local shelter-in-place orders, many of our PTA activities and events have been delayed or canceled. We continue to wrap up projects and support for our teachers and staff that were previously in progress, and we are working on tentative plans for summer and back-to-school in August, given the uncertainties that current conditions present.
NEXT HUFF PTA GENERAL MEETING: Our next general meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 21 at 7:00 p.m. The agenda will include election of 2020-2021 officers (see slate of nominees here) and approval of our summer budget. This meeting will be be conducted online (probably via Zoom); more details will be sent in early May, with a link to RSVP to receive materials and final details for connecting to the meeting.
HELP NEEDY LOCAL FAMILIES: As you may know, there are several families in our school district that need help meeting basic needs. The district provides two meals a day Monday thru Friday, but with kids being home from school, some families need additional support providing dinner and weekend meals. There is a critical need for gift cards for these families to use for food. If you're able, please consider donating a gift card to families in our own district. Thanks for your help! Let's show these families some Huff Love!
- Purchase electronic gift cards from Safeway via this link (Safeway eGift Card)
- Send electronic gift cards to our principal, Arline Siam at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will share them with the district office for distribution.
- Please make each gift card worth no more than $20 so they can be split and shared among many families. You are welcome to donate multiple gift cards!
- Any questions? Email Huff parent Aishwarya Rengan at email@example.com
TONIGHT, 7-9pm: Online Parent Education on "The Joy of Movement": The MVLA Parent Education Speaker Series presents Kelly McGonical, Ph.D., presenting "How Exercise Helps Us Find Happiness, Hope, Courage and Connection." Now, during shelter-in-place, physical exercise and movement can be an amazing coping mechanism. Open to parents and educators of students in K-12, you can register for this free event here.
Parent Ed Speaker Series Committee Seeks New Members: The Mountain View / Los Altos PTA Council is looking for enthusiastic parents to join the MVLA Parent Education Speaker Series committee. Parents can represent any of the local elementary, middle or high schools. There are many ways to support the year-round series of classes and seminars for parent education! The committee generally meets once per month and plans one event per month. To inquire or volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAY SAFE and STAY HEALTHY!