Huff PTA News Bits
Hi Huff Parents & Friends... Here's a few news bits important for our parents and students:
- YEARBOOK DEADLINE THIS WEEKEND to confirm your shipping address
- STUDENT ART CONTEST for next year's student agendas; extended deadline!
- TEACHER/STAFF APPRECIATION next week!
- HELP NEEDY LOCAL FAMILIES with electronic gift cards
YEARBOOK DEADLINE THIS SUNDAY: If you ordered a Huff yearbook before March 29, Treering will ship the yearbook free of charge to your home... but you need to go online to provide your home address before this Sunday, May 3. Go to treering.com, click on "My Orders," select your current order, and edit your mailing address. If you haven't provided a mailing address, the yearbook will be sent to Huff and won't be available for pickup until school re-opens in August.
Yearbooks were NOT included with PTA membership donations this year, but it's not too late to order one! All new orders will be mailed directly to your home for a reduced shipping fee of $2.99. Yearbooks will be shipped to homes in early June.
STUDENT ART CONTEST FOR 2020-21 AGENDAS: Deadline extended 'til Friday, May 8! Students, draw your best "Hawks at Home" in a location staying safe on letter-sized paper. Include 2020-2021 in your design, and make good use of color with crayons or markers. Send your final drawing to Principal Siam at email@example.com before next Friday, May 8.
TEACHER/STAFF APPRECIATION NEXT WEEK: Our students and parents are particularly grateful to our teachers and staff, so we would like to continue one of our well-loved traditions. Let's show some love -- at a distance! -- and shine a bright light on our staff and teachers' efforts during this special week. Look for communication from your room parents as we invite you and your child to participate. Our teachers have been working extra hard adjusting to this new mode of instruction.
HELP NEEDY LOCAL FAMILIES: Several families in our school district need help meeting basic needs and providing evening/weekend meals to their families. If you can help, please consider donating a gift card and showing these families some Huff Love!
- Purchase electronic gift cards from Safeway via this link (Safeway eGift Card)
- Send electronic gift cards to our principal, Arline Siam at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will share them with the district office for distribution.
- Please make each gift card worth no more than $20 so they can be split and shared among many families. You are welcome to donate multiple gift cards!
- Any questions? Email Huff parent Aishwarya Rengan at email@example.com
NEXT HUFF PTA GENERAL MEETING: Our next general meeting is scheduled for Thursday, May 21 at 7:00 p.m. The agenda will include election of 2020-2021 officers (see slate of nominees here) and approval of our summer budget. This meeting will be be conducted online via Zoom; more details will be sent soon, with a link to RSVP to receive materials and final details for connecting to the meeting.
STAY SAFE and STAY HEALTHY!