|Huff PTA News Bits
September 9, 2019
Greetings Huff Community! Back-to-school stuff is settling down, but other things are gearing up! Read below for important news and updates on activities led by Huff parents and your PTA:
• TOMORROW! Dine Out for Huff at Amici’s Pizzeria
• Join PTA to win your kid’s class a POPSICLE PARTY
• BOOK FAIR Planning Meeting: Next Tuesday, Sept. 17
• HUFF PTA AUCTION NOV. 2, 2019: How you can help
• Open Position on Huff PTA Executive Board
DINE OUT FOR HUFF: Help us raise extra funds for Huff while enjoying a delicious dinner! Our first Dine Out for Huff event is TOMORROW (Tues., Sept. 17) from 11:30am to 9:00pm at Amici’s Pizzeria, 790 Castro Street. For all dine in and takeout orders (not delivery), mention Huff Elementary to your server or present this flyer (also attached) and Amici’s will donate 25% of your order back to Huff. Some lucky customers might even get dinner delivered by Penny the Robot!
JOIN / DONATE TO HUFF PTA: It’s not too late! This is the week to get around to joining Huff PTA and help make a difference at Huff. The classroom with the highest percentage of PTA memberships by Thursday, Sept. 19 wins a popsicle party! Check out the classroom rankings on posters around school this week.
Your generous donations to Huff PTA fund many programs for academic enrichment and curriculum support, campus improvements and events at school for all our kids and teachers. For a $300 donation before Sept. 30, you’ll receive one of our special edition Huff kids’ t-shirts. Thank you for your support!
BOOK FAIR PLANNING MEETING: Our annual Scholastic Book Fair (“Arctic Adventure”) is in October, but planning starts now! Come to our volunteer meeting next Tuesday, Sept. 17, at 8:05am in the YMCA Kids Place. There are many jobs, big and small, all fun and easy: you can help set up and decorate, help advertise, help kids find books and tidy up, or tend the cash register. All help is appreciated! Questions? Contact Emi Notohardjono.
HUFF PTA AUCTION PLANNING: Huff PTA Fundraising needs you! We are preparing for our annual auction (Save the Date - November 2nd!) and we need everyone's help to make it a success. What can you do?
- Sign up to host a party, event or experience that other Huff families can sign up to attend. This can be an event for adults, kids, or families. You host the event and decide how many people can attend and what the appropriate fee is, and members of the Huff community will sign up to participate, which raises money for Huff AND builds our school community. The event can be small and casual, or large and fancy. It's completely up to you! Look for the flyer coming home with your child this week for more information.
- Donate or solicit a donation for a silent auction item! Do you have a great item for a silent auction you're willing to donate to Huff, or know someone who does? Do you have a timeshare property you're willing to donate a few days at? Access to a special event or a wonderful skill you'd be willing to share with the Huff community? We need your help!
- SAVE the DATE for the Huff Auction on November 2nd - come and enjoy a night out with your fellow Huff parents, and help us make the event a success!
If you have an item or an event you want to include in the auction or want to get involved in helping to plan it please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HUFF PTA EXEC BOARD OPENING: Helpful parent needed! Can you step up to help fill our executive board? The position of Executive Vice President is currently vacant due to our nominee moving away over the summer. The Executive VP works with the President and other board members to assist with operational tasks and performs the president's duties in her absence. Contact our president Suzanne Shultz (email@example.com) for more information.
HAVE A GOOD WEEK!