Hello Huff Families!
Each year, our PTA uses your generous contributions to provide programs, services, and special experiences for ALL of our Huff students.
- This year we will have spent approximately $300* per student by the end of the year. Thank you for helping us to enrich and support our students!
We rely on both our Membership drive and our fundraising events to continue that goal.
- Without volunteers to lead, we cannot have great fundraising events, like our Silent Auction & Party which raised about $77,000 this year... close to half of our spending budget.
We need people to lead that effort!
- A team of 2 or more people to chair our Auction/Fundraising committee and organize our fun event would be ideal.
- Please spread the word! If you know a group of parents that would be able to fulfill this role, please contact me as soon as possible!
If we don't have any volunteers for this effort by May, we will be forced to cancel our annual Auction and look at other ways to possibly raise funds.
- We have considered different events to replace the Auction (perhaps a student walk-a-thon, for example) but even those would still require Fundraising Chair people to organize and lead.
Suzanne Shultz and I will be available to answer your questions or discuss your ideas next Wednesday, April 25th 8:00 – 8:15am on the blacktop.
Thank you to our wonderful community of parents that worked so diligently on this year's fundraising!! We are grateful for your time and boundless energy!
*Approx $300 per student pays for:
Assemblies (Authors, Living History, Squid Dissection, Vacuum Society, Pluck Dissection,etc.)
Classroom news, magazine & curriculum materials (Newsela, Time for Kids, Scholastic, etc.)
Coding/Computer Science (expanded to 3rd - 5th grades this year)
Extra Field Trips for all grade levels
Friday Folders & Student Agendas
Imagineerz (design & engineering for 1st- 2nd grades)
Library books & materials
Physical Education (for Kinders)
Project Based Learning support
Project Cornerstone & Student Bucket Club
Recess and/or Safety equipment
Special Events (Family Science Night, Multi-cultural Day, Hawkfest, Beautification, Popsicle parties, Parent coffees, etc.)
Teacher Supplies & Requests
Website subscriptions (IXL, Lexia, Brainpop, etc.)