WE NEED YOU!
Our school and PTA rely on parent volunteers to help make great things happen! Can you help? Read more below for details about these great events and important roles for which we need your help:
- SCIENCE NIGHT: This Friday, March 8
- MULTICULTURAL DAY: Thursday, March 21
- HAWKFEST: Friday, May 17
- PTA LEADERSHIP POSITIONS FOR 2019-2020
SCIENCE NIGHT: This Friday, March 8, 6:30-8:00pm
It's a popular annual event, a night of hands-on science activities for our students, and we need parents to help lead/supervise several activity stations. Pizza and drinks are provided after a short training session starting at 5:30pm. It's easy and fun! Sign up here if you can help.
MULTICULTURAL DAY: Thursday, March 21, Noon-2:00pm
All families are invited to share elements of their culture or ethnicity with other members of the school community through food, dance arts and many other things that make our community culture unique.
- We're looking for musicians, dancers, cultural attire (past & present) and art to display/share.
- Can you help us prepare activity materials in advance of the event? Join us on the next two Fridays (March 8, March 15) at 10:30am in the office to help.
- Can you help with setup and/or activities at the event on March 21? Sign up here to volunteer.
HAWKFEST is Friday, May 17, but planning starts now!
Hawkfest is our year-end 'school carnival' with games, crafts, entertainment, food and fun for the whole family! We still need a few volunteers to help with things like planning food, entertainment, classroom activity planning and vendor management . Check out our sign-up sheet on Konstella to pitch in and make it another great Hawkfest.
PTA LEADERSHIP FOR NEXT SCHOOL YEAR (2019-2020)
Thanks to our nominating committee, a proposed slate of 2019-2020 Huff PTA officers is posted outside the office, but there are a few open positions. Serving on the PTA Board is a great way to get involved, meet new friends and make a difference at Huff! Open positions include Book Fair chair(s), Historian, and Yearbook coordinator(s).
We also need Fundraising coordinators. Our annual Huff Auction has gone on successfully for 20 years, but maybe it's time for something new or different. Can you help lead the way?
Thanks in advance for helping out, and have a great week!