Arctic Adventure Book Fair
Benefitting the Huff Library and books in our classrooms
The Book Fair is here next week! Read on to get all the details, including...
- Book Fair hours plus special events
- New eWallet feature to let your kids make purchases themselves
- Online book fair
- Spare change fundraiser
- RAFFLE TICKETS for books and gifts, Disneyland tickets and a priority parking spot at Huff for a whole year
- Remaining needs for volunteers to help with the Book Fair
BOOK FAIR HOURS:
Monday: 12 - 4 pm
Tuesday: 12 - 4 pm
Wednesday: 12 - 4 pm
Thursday: 12 - 7pm (Family Night festivities after 4pm)
Friday: 7 - 8 am (with donuts & coffee)
Family night: Join us from 4 to 7 pm Thursday! Bring the whole family to enjoy shopping, a taco truck, and a special appearance by Dog Man. Don't forget to check your teacher's wishlist book bin.
Dads'n'Donuts / Cowgirls'n'Coffee: Friday morning before school (7-8am), wander your way to the last day of book & gift shopping, and get a quick breakfast snack while you're here!
eWallet - New Feature This Year: Give your students a secure, cash-free way to shop the Book Fair. There is no charge to set up an eWallet. Parents simply create an account online and authorize a spending limit on their credit card.
Online Book Fair: Can't make it to the fair? You can order online now and your purchases will benefit the Huff library and classroom libraries.
"All for Books" Spare Change Ziplock Fundraiser: Bring a baggie full of spare change to the Huff office or to the Book Fair by Friday, Oct. 11. Scholastic matches the funds and donates books to two great non-profit organizations helping at-risk children, while also allowing us to purchase additional books and supplies for our library and our kids' classrooms.
Get Your Raffle Tickets: New Big Prizes This Year! This year you can enter THREE different raffles all with amazing prizes:
- "Pick a Prize" Raffle: Choose from autographed books by Supreme Court Justice Sonya Sotomayor, Chelsea Clinton, Dav Pilkey and other great authors, a box set of the new illustrated Harry Potter series, LEGOs and other prizes from our book fair.
- Disneyland Tickets: Win a pack of Four One-Day Park Hopper Tickets for Disneyland and California Adventure parks. Enjoy a family day in the happiest place on earth!
- Premier Parking Spot at Huff: Tired of having to park far away? The lucky winner of this raffle gets use of a dedicated Huff parking spot for a year, starting November 4, 2019.
Raffle tickets can be purchased for $3 each, or $10 for a sheet of four during all Book Fair hours and outside the office next Monday and Tuesday mornings at drop-off. Payment only by cash or check (payable to Huff PTA). Save time and print the tickets (attached to this email) in advance, add your name and dropoff next week.
We Still Need More Helpers! We can't say thank you enough to our volunteers, but we still need more help to ensure it's an amazing event for our kids. Can you help us? See the openings and sign up on Konstella. Questions? Contact Emi Notohardjono.