DECEMBER 12, 2020
Hi Huff Parents and Friends... one more week 'til we break for the year-end holiday! A few reminders of things to do or know this week:
- Renaming Huff: Share your thoughts NOW on ThoughtExchange
- Sock Snowmen: Send photos to Principal Siam by Tuesday
- "Mindful Parenting" workshop this Tuesday, Dec. 15
- Donate electronic gift cards for local families in need
- Use Amazon Smile to earn funds for Huff when you shop at Amazon
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON RENAMING HUFF: MVWSD seeks your input on important perspectives to consider as we move forward renaming our school. Please take a little time to share your thoughts and then assign star ratings to ideas shared by others. All responses and ratings are confidential, and you can come back more than once to rate newly entered ideas. The ThoughtExchange will remain open for participation until 8pm this Friday, Dec. 18. Click here to participate.
SHOW US YOUR SOCK SNOWMAN: Aren't they cute?! Once your kid(s) have completed their sock snowmen, take a photo of them (in any setting). Email the pic to Principal Siam (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 3pm this Tuesday, Dec. 15, to be included in an all-school slideshow on Friday.
MINDFUL PARENTING WORKSHIP THIS TUESDAY: Register here for a sixty-minute online workshop this Tuesday, Dec. 15, at 5pm to hear about an array of tools for parents to reduce their own stress and stress in their homes. The workshop comes from an organization called Mission Be. Email Principal Siam with any questions.
DONATE ELECTRONIC GIFT CARDS TO HELP LOCAL FAMILIES IN NEED: There are many families in our district that need help meeting basic needs, and the holiday times are especially tough. This year were having a gift card drive so families can safely choose items they need. If you're able, please consider donate a gift card (or cards) to help make other families' holidays a little brighter. Let's show these families some Huff Love! Any questions? email Aishwarya Rengan.
- Gift cards should be electronic gift cards and only from the following stores (click on store name for direct link):
- Each gift card should be no more than $20, but you are welcome to donate multiple gift cards. This makes it easier to split donations up among multiple families.
- Electronic gift cards should be sent/forwarded to our principal Arline Siam (email@example.com) and she will send them on to the district office for distribution.
USE AMAZON SMILE FOR HUFF FUNDRAISING: Doing some holiday shopping from Amazon this season? Be sure to register your account with Amazon Smile and make Huff Elementary PTA the beneficiary of your purchases. It costs you nothing, but brings some of the proceeds back to support our school, students and staff. Thank you!