MARCH 26, 2021
HELLO HUFF COMMUNITY... a few important things to share for you AND your students this week:
- HAWKFEST alternatives planning meeting next Wednesday
- YEARBOOK cover contest and photos needed by March 31
- Konstella Updates / Room Changes in Directory if needed
- Submit nominations for PTA service awards
PLANNING HAWKFEST ALTERNATIVE: We're starting work on plans to have a community event in May instead of our traditional Hawkfest. This may include one or two school-wide Zoom events and a few events by grade. We need a strong team of volunteers to put this together! Could you serve on the committee to help organize this major event for Huff this year? Come to our first planning meeting next Wednesday, March 31, at 7pm. Register on Zoom here, and if you can't attend but are interested in helping, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't do it without you!
YEARBOOK: Help us design the cover and submit more photos to complete the book!
- COVER CONTEST: Would your student like their artwork on the front or back cover of this year's Huff yearbook? Enter our yearbook design contest!
- Follow this year's theme of Virtually Together (however they want to interpret it)
- Artwork should be roughly 8.5x11" in size, portrait orientation
- Leave a 1/2" border around the artwork
- Use media with good contrast (colored pencils are usually too light unless outlined in marker)
- Email entries to email@example.com and include your child's name and grade. The deadline is next Wednesday, March 31.
- WE NEED MORE PHOTOS FOR THE YEARBOOK! We are depending on parents and teachers more than ever this year to provide photos. Please upload photos from the following events (or any grade- or school-wide events) to this Google Drive folder:
1st day of school // school is different (in pjs, with pets, on laptops, etc) // crazy hair day // pumpkin patch // passing out valentines // 5th grade instruments and art // 5th grade poetry cafe // return to in-person learning
- If you have any photos from your class of parties, projects, or everyday activities, please put them in your room folder linked here
- We need all photos submitted by March 31. Thank you!
KONSTELLA ROOM CHANGES: If your student is changing classrooms due to a shuffle in returning to in-person learning, please move your Konstella registration into your new classroom. Log into Konstella, click on your name/profile, and under "My Children" you can select the student and then reassign them to a different room if necessary.
PTA Service Awards: Each year, the Los Altos Mountain View PTA Council honors individuals or organizations that have gone above and beyond in our communities to serve children and youth. We traditionally award Honorary Service Awards, which are designed as a unique way for PTA's to publicly thank and recognize extraordinary individuals for outstanding service to the PTA and the greater community. However, we also want to recognize other community leaders, teachers and educators who support our schools and families especially in very trying times. We are seeking nominations of volunteers, teachers and community partners who have a long standing history of serving children and youth, and make a substantial positive impact on our community.
To nominate an individual, please complete the form. We need the nominated person's name and include a brief note sharing why this person should be acknowledge. Please also include your info if you are the best contact or someone else who the committee may contact to confidentially follow up on the nominee's accomplishment.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!