NOVEMBER 24, 2020
HELLO HUFF COMMUNITY... We wish you and your family a safe and happy Thanksgiving! Please take the appropriate precautions to keep yourselves and our community healthy this holiday season.
Here are some items of holiday interest we want to make sure you know about:
- MINTED fundraiser with holiday cards and gift purchases
- Use Amazon Smile to earn funds for Huff when you shop at Amazon
- Donate electronic gift cards for local families in need
- Snowflake craft project to help decorate Huff for the holidays
- Seeking creative parents to help with social media and other communications
FUNDRAISER WITH MINTED HOLIDAY CARDS AND GIFTS: Visit minted.com to order beautiful holiday photo cards, calendars and other photo gifts this holiday season. Use coupon code FUNDRAISERHUFF to get 20% off your purchase, and 15% of your purchase also comes back to Huff! Share the code with friends and family, too! The promotion is good for anything under the "Holidays and Gifts" tabs except for limited edition fine art and stamps.
USE AMAZON SMILE FOR HUFF FUNDRAISING: Doing some holiday shopping from Amazon this season? Be sure to register your account with Amazon Smile and make Huff Elementary PTA the beneficiary of your purchases. It costs you nothing, but brings some of the proceeds back to support our school, students and staff. Thank you!
DONATE ELECTRONIC GIFT CARDS TO HELP LOCAL FAMILIES IN NEED: There are many families in our district that need help meeting basic needs, and the holiday times are especially tough. This year were having a gift card drive so families can safely choose items they need. If you're able, please consider donate a gift card (or cards) to help make other families' holidays a little brighter. Let's show these families some Huff Love! Any questions? email Aishwarya Rengan.
- Gift cards should be electronic gift cards and only from the following stores (click on store name for direct link):
- Each gift card should be no more than $20, but you are welcome to donate multiple gift cards. This makes it easier to split donations up among multiple families.
- Electronic gift cards should be sent/forwarded to our principal Arline Siam (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will send them on to the district office for distribution.
SNOWFLAKE CRAFT PROJECT TO DECORATE HUFF FOR THE HOLIDAYS: Help us turn Huff into a winter wonderland! Print out any of the attached snowflake graphics (or any other snowflake), your kids (or you) can decorate them any way you like. Return them to the Huff office by Thursday, Dec. 7, and they'll end up on the walls and windows of Huff's MUR before a holiday materials pickup event. If you can't bring them to the office, you can scan/photograph them (or decorate them digitally) and email to email@example.com.
SEEKING CREATIVE COMMUNICATORS: Do you have skills with writing/editing, desktop publishing or digital design? Huff PTA needs help creating and sharing announcements via social media, our website, and other channels. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to offer your services.