Greetings Huff families and friends,
TOMORROW is the day! Rain or shine, we hope to see you at school for our 1st Annual Walkathon. Our "Better Together" is all about us coming back together as a community!
Before you arrive, take a look at the attached PDF with our event map and last-minute details about arriving, safety, and general guidelines. You and your family can also view a few short Youtube videos featuring some of our 5th grade students.
A few key reminders:
- Our youngest walkers (K-1) can start walking at 9:30am. Registration will open a bit before then. Older students are welcome to check in anytime after 10:00. You can arrive later, too... the event will end at 1:30pm for all walkers.
- All walkers should check in when they arrive and check out before they leave, at the registration desk outside the MUR.
- Masks outdoors are optional (in accordance with MVWSD guidelines), but with over 300 students participating, we do recommend masks for health and safety.
- Bring your own water bottles, raincoats, hats, comfortable shoes, and layers of clothing.
- Due to the large number of registrants, we welcome immediate family members only, and please, no pets!
- Drinks and pre-packaged snacks will be available for purchase (cash only) under the solar panels, most items for $1. For lunch we'll have food trucks present from 11am-1pm. You're also welcome to bring your own food.
This is our first walkathon, pulled together with a small crew of volunteers on a short schedule. Please chip in to help if you see a need (like a long registration line, an overflowing trashcan, etc.). We rely on everyone's help to keep things fun and safe!
Thanks for your participation and support!
Visit imaipta.org/walkathon for all these details and more.