SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER! But before you sink into your summer routine, we wanted to give you a few final things to know:
- A few achievements from our year
- Volunteer needs we're seeking to fill - can you help?
- Dates to remember over the summer
ACHIEVEMENTS: It wasn't 100% back to 'normal,' but we still had a successful year supporting our teachers, classrooms, campus and community! Your volunteering and your financial support helped us provide many great things to the school, including:
- Curriculum support such as Scholastic magazines, Newsela, Reflex Math, BrainPOP
- Much-needed campus equipment like 5th grade student desks, PE equipment, blacktop umbrellas
- Financial support for teacher classroom needs, grade-level supplies/curriculoum, and our library
- Enrichment activities like field trips, Imagineerz, Young Inklings
- Community events like our holiday social at Cooper Park, our spring Walkathon, and EagleFest
- New school t-shirts for all students and staff
VOLUNTEER NEEDS: Can you give us a bit of your time and expertise? We need help with various jobs over the summer and into next school year. Please visit our volunteering survey and see what might match your skills and availability. Jobs include tech support, communications assistance, volunteering coordination, event planning and more. There's something for everyone! Thank you in advance.
DATES TO REMEMBER: School starts on Wednesday, Aug. 10, but we don't completely shut down over the summer. Mark your calendar with these important dates:
- SUMMER PLAYDATES FOR NEW KINDERS - June 25 9:30am and a 2nd date TBD in July:
Hosted by experienced Imai parents, new kindergartners and their families get to meet & greet at Cooper Park. Tell your neighbors and friends!
- BEAUTIFICATION DAY - SUNDAY, AUG 7: Join us to help clean, spruce up and repair various things on campus before classes begin. Lunch will be provided!