News & Reminders
Welcome to March; it's a a busy month! Please take a few minutes to review these important news bits for you and your students from Imai PTA:
- WALKATHON UPDATES: parent volunteers needed, late registration still open, and info about pledges
- IMPORTANT PTA MEETING NEXT WEEK: Join us for elections, and a few positions remain open
- YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST FOR STUDENTS: Student art submissions accepted thru March 21
- SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR returns later this month!
WALKATHON NEWS AND UPDATES: We're looking forward to a great spring event and seeing everyone together back on campus on Saturday, March 19! We've got an amazing 75% of students registered to participate.
- Can you still register? Yes, you can still register online via Formsite until Wednesday, March 16. We will NOT be registering participants at the event or after March 16. Extra t-shirts were ordered but we can't guarantee shirt availability for remaining registrations.
- WE NEED VOLUNTEERS! Not enough volunteers will mean longer lines for check-in, prizes and snacks. Moms AND Dads, please consider signing up for a one-hour shift sometime during our event. You'll be there anyway, right? Help us out to keep things moving and more fun for all. You might even make new friends while you're at it. Thank you!
- PLEDGES: While we don't have a specific fundraising goal this year, we do have costs to cover and it's all a practice for future walkathon events. So we're offering an incentive: all parents who create a Pledgestar page will have a chance to win 2 tickets to Symphony San Jose and a $50 gift card to A Slice of NY Pizza via a drawing that will take place April 1. Maybe you or your student can collect just a pledge or two from a friend, neighbor or family member? Pledgestar is open for pledges thru March 31.
PTA MEETING NEXT WEEK: Join us next Wednesday evening, March 16, for an important general association meeting including elections for next school year! Register here for the Zoom meeting and you'll receive meeting materials that day. The meeting agenda and slate of officers for election (with vacancies) are attached to this announcement.
- Can you step up and help? We've got a few open positions to fill! No experience is necessary, and we need fresh faces to help with new ideas to propel us into the future. Please reply to this email if you have questions.
YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST: Would your student like their artwork to grace the cover of our yearbook? Have them enter our design contest! Our theme is "The Future is Bright" with a lego-block inspiration, but that can be interpreted however the artist chooses. Winning artwork could appear on the front or back cover or elsewhere in the yearbook. Artwork can be submitted to the office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21. Please see the attached flyer for full design guidelines.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR RETURNS: We're excited to announce the Scholastic Book Fair is returning to Imai Elementary later in March! In-person sales will be March 22-25 with a familiar, welcome and safe event for our students and families. The event is an opportunity for students of all ages to build their home libraries and further their love of reading. All purchases benefit our school and libary. More details coming soon!
Have a great week!