October PTA meeting
Join us for October's PTA meeting. Items we will accomplish at this meeting:
- Meet with Committee representatives and find concrete ways to get involved. Overwhelmed by the list of committees in Konstella and not sure where to start? This meeting will help.
- We will elect PTA members-at-large that will help serve on the PTA Executive Board.
- We will vote on our proposed budget for the year.
- As always, Principal Johnson will provide an update on our school from the administration's side.
As our school continues to grow and prosper, there are exciting new initiatives that parents are taking on to help Jie Ming thrive. Michael Stoick is championing an initiative to make Jie Ming a Zero Waste school. Tim Kidder is launching a group to focus on health and wellness. Hue Soo is spearheading the Mid-Autumn Moon festival, our first major community event in our new space. Lily Shaw is leading the Spirit committee focused on bringing members of the Jie Ming community together in fun and engaging ways. Come find out more about this and other initiatives the PTA will be supporting this year.
The Jie Ming PTA invites you to its monthly meetings. The meetings are open to the public and generally consist of an update from Principal Johnson, committee updates, a speaker or activity, and occasional votes by PTA members on things like funding requests.
PTA meetings are a great way to meet other parents, find out about opportunities to be involved in the school community, and learn from our guest speakers.
* light snacks will be provided
* free childcare will be available
* you do not need to be a PTA member to attend
* voting on the budget and other resolutions requires being a member of the PTA
* PTA membership is only $10 - join here