The Jing PTA meeting Thursday 9/23 at 8pm will focus on getting to know the candidates for officers on the PTA board and their visions for the coming school year. The meeting will be held on Zoom. https://iste.zoom.us/j/6153267946
Please join us to ask questions of the candidates and add your voice to what our priorities should be this year as we transition back to more in-person activities.
Elections will be held electronically following the meeting.
The positions and candidates are:
- President - Leah Young
- President - Christine Nesseth
- Vice-President - open
- Administrator/Secretary - Rebecca Tsai
- Treasurer - Ross Mau
Yes, we have a contested election for President.
Nominations can still be made for all four positions.
- Polls are open for 24 hours from 9pm 9/23 to 9pm 9/24.
- To vote in the election, you must be a member of the PTA. Become a PTA member here.
- Same-day registration is allowed up until 1pm 9/24.
- PTA members will receive an email link for casting their vote from Election Buddy.
- On the ballot, we will also be soliciting (self) nominations for Members-At-Large -- parent reps who are voting members of the executive board. Being a Member-At-Large is a great way to get involved with PTA leadership without a big commitment. Members-At-Large will be voted in at the October PTA meeting.
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, a huge thank you to the PTA officers from 2020-2021 (Leah, Christine, Renata, Michelle). It was a year like no other.
And another huge thank you to this year's candidates for volunteering their time and expertise to our school community in the year ahead. Please show your support for them by participating in this election process.