As some of our students prepare to return to school next week, we know that safety, sanitation, and supporting our teachers are at the top of many people's minds. The district has supplied large bottles of hand sanitizer and tubs of disinfectant wipes for classrooms along with a water bottle and a mask for each student. We reached out to Principal Johnson to see what other items are needed and here are her suggestions:
- Extra child-sized masks (cloth or disposable) for students who need to change theirs mid-day.
- Small bottles of hand sanitizer for students' desks (no larger than 8oz.). Students will be able to refill bottles in their classrooms as needed.
Do you have the flexibility to provide supplies or contribute to the purchase of supplies? If so, here are some options:
- Drop off supplies at Jie Ming on Wednesday, January 27, or Thursday, January 28, from 9am-4pm. Call 651-744-4770 when you arrive and someone will come to the door to pick them up.
- If you are unable to drop off Wednesday or Thursday, email Laura Chen (Chen.Laurap@gmail.com) and we will figure out a way to get the items.
- No items, but you'd like to financially contribute? Donate any amount using the green button on our PTA site: https://www.jiemingpta.org/store. We will use the money to purchase the requested supplies.
Unable to donate right now? That's ok! Our community is here to support you and your student/s. We are also hoping in the next few weeks, after the PTA passes its budget, to be able to use PTA money to provide ongoing support to the school and teachers. Stay tuned for a notice of the next general meeting and help direct PTA dollars as we move forward.