Hello, Jie Ming Families! 欢迎! If you are new to the Jie Ming community, a thousand welcomes to you and your child/ren! We are thrilled to have you join this wonderful community and we look forward to meeting you. If you're returning, welcome back! Together with our remarkable teachers and school leaders (and kids!), we'll make it a great year, no doubt.
My name is Leah Young and I'm writing on behalf of the Jie Ming PTA. We are a non-profit organization of parents, caregivers, and members of the Jie Ming community committed to supporting students, teachers, and families, and promoting an empowering school experience for all. We meet monthly to discuss needs and concerns and to plan programs and events to support the school community. Please learn more and join the PTA here!
A few quick items before the school year officially kicks off:
- Open House is this Thursday, Sept. 1, 4-6pm, at Jie Ming. There will be a used uniform sale! If you have old uniforms (in decent shape) to donate, please bring them. Used pieces will sell for $1-$3 and funds will support the PTA. We will also have info available about joining the PTA and signing up for opportunities throughout the year.
- Watch for Volunteer Opportunities. In the coming days, we'll be using Konstella and Jie Ming's Facebook page to share upcoming volunteer opportunities. A few to keep in mind:
- We're looking for new people to join the PTA's executive board as president, treasurer, administrator, or committee leads. These are big(ish) commitments but also joyful, impactful, and fulfilling. Please reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any interest in these roles. We try to refresh the board every couple of years to keep things interesting, and my time is up. (:
- Once kids are settled in their classrooms, we'll be looking for room parents. Learn more about that role here. Interested? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or watch for sign-up opportunities in the weeks ahead.
- We're still looking for volunteers to help out at Thursday's uniform sale. Sign up for that here.
- Save the Date! The Mid-Autumn Moon Festival is right around the corner. We don't have quite enough time to plan a school event, as we've done in years when the holiday has come later in the fall. However, Phalen Regional Park in St. Paul is hosting an all-day event on Saturday, Sept. 10, at the China Friendship Garden. Learn more here and plan to show up with your school friends!
Enjoy these last, gorgeous days of summer! Please be on the lookout online and in your child's folder for more information from the PTA as the school year begins, including a schedule of our meetings. In the meantime, please reach out with any questions to Leah at email@example.com. We can't wait to meet you.