Each year parents are given a scavenger hunt list of school supplies needed for the upcoming school year. The task is tedious, time consuming and much more expensive than it needs to be.
The School Supplies Committee is tasked with finding a better way.
Major tasks include
* Review school supply lists and identify which items can be purchased in bulk.
* Review cost savings from purchasing items in bulk and develop a payment plan for families to purchase supply bundles.
* Identify items that families will still need to purchase individually.
* Communicate plan and options to families before they go out and purchase supplies.
* Purchase and sort supplies by classroom