Announcing the 1st Annual Joaquin Miller WORLD CULTURE FEST, a celebration of music, food and cultures from around the globe!!! This event will take place on Sunday, October 30, from 11:00am - 3:00pm in the lower playground (next to the Pumpkin Patch). The World Culture Fest replaces the JM Harvest Fair of previous years and will also help raise funds for the newly introduced foreign language program at our school!
Activities will include:
- Food booths from multiple cultures around the world (e.g., Mexican tamales, Eritrean / Ethiopian dishes, Russian delicacies, and Korean bbq!)
- Games and activity stations representing cultural activities from across the globe
- Musical performances from a Spanish Fandango band, a Chinese instrumental group, a traditional Swiss Alps horn blower, AND students from our 2nd and 3rd grade classes singing in Spanish!!
PLEASE BLOCK THE DATE ON YOUR CALENDAR!!!!
We're still finalizing some booths and activities, so if you're interested in helping out, please contact any of the people below:
- Food booths -- Mary Velasco <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Games & activities -- Karin Gregg <email@example.com>
- General questions and support -- Mike Petouhoff <firstname.lastname@example.org> or Kevin Schwartz <email@example.com>