Monday, November 13, 2017
Dear JM Parents,
OUSD Enrollment Season opens today! The enrollment window is from November 13th until January 26th.
For continuing students that are NOT fifth graders, you will need to let us know you are continuing by filling out the form we will send home soon. No other action is needed.
For students in the 5th Grade, you will need to fill out a form online to let the district know where you intend to go next year. Fifth graders do not automatically go to Montera Middle School. All the tools & information you need can be found at www.ousd.org/enroll. I’ve also copied some important information from the website and pasted it below.
Please feel free to pass this information on to friends and family with incoming kindergarteners!
For Current OUSD Students in Transition Grades (PK, 5, 8)
- Starting in mid November, families will receive a letter and instructions on how to submit a pre-filled online enrollment application.
- Students in fifth and eighth grades have verified residences already listed in their pre-filled online application. However, if there are changes in address, you must upload or attach the supporting documents.
- PK families will need to upload or attach verification documents with the enrollment application. See the information on the Apply - Students New to OUSD page.
- Please contact your school if you have not received the letter. You can also contact a Student Welcome Center with any questions about the enrollment process.
- Step by step instructions for how to Find and Apply to OUSD schools online are also available.
For Current OUSD Students NOT in Transition Grades
- If you want your student to continue at their current OUSD school for 2018-19, you do not need to do anything at this time.
- If you want to apply for a different school for your student for 2018-19, please follow the instructions on the Apply - Students New to OUSD page.